OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 help

Started by Buddy, May 20, 2016, 06:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I have an adult size 20 gauge 870 and want to scale it back to a youth size stock and forend.  Do they fit the adult size gun without modifications?  Also which setup is preferred as there is a lot of options out there to consider?  Has anyone tried this with a 24" barrel and how did it look?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg Massey

Need more information, how old is this 20 gauge 870 is it a Wingmaster or what? Does it already have a 24 inch barrel and is the barrel tubed or what?

Buddy

It is a new model bought it this year.  It is an Express model.  It has a tubed barrel.

Greg Massey

I'm no expert, but i would think the new adult size 870 has the same size receiver as the youth model. i'm thinking the stock length of pull is the difference. I see no problem with the 24 inch barrel. One guy on this forum took a Knoxx spec ops adjustable recoil reducing stock for 870 _ 12 gauge and using an adapter from Mesa Tactical was able to mount it on a new 870 - 20 gauge. Both items were purchased from cheaper than Dirt, stock was 78 dollars and the adapter 17 dollars. The Mesa stock no. was 93890. So with that adapter i would think you can use any 12 gauge adjustable stock with that adapter on the new 870 remington 20 gauge . As long as the adjustable stock is for a 12 gauge remington. I hope this helps.

Buddy

Thanks.  I'm going to buy a youth stock and forend and try it.  If it don't work I'll send it back.

Sand Man

Quote from: Buddy on May 21, 2016, 10:13:05 PM
Thanks.  I'm going to buy a youth stock and forend and try it.  If it don't work I'll send it back.

I have a set of beat up wood ones I'll sell you if you want to try.  I'm 99.9% sure they will fit.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Buddy

PM me what you want for the wood stock and forend