turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Merriam's 2016

Started by hobbes, May 17, 2016, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

The 2016 Spring Turkey Season was good to us. I always want to fill more tags and we missed out on a couple opportunities for one reason or another, but have no complaints. I hunted one or two areas that I've hunted in the past few years, but all our birds came from all new country.

Sunrise

Cottonwood Riverbottom Merriam's

Ponderosa Pine Merriam's

My son's two Merriam's from the ponderosas

Mountain Merriam's

Sunset

spaightlabs

Nice season Hobbes, and congrats to Isaac as well.

Hope you boys have a great summer and that you have fun with the family, ample precipitation, time to fish, and no severe fires.

hobbes

albrubacker

Awesome pics! Congrats on a great season.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

J-Shaped

Beautiful pictures. Congrats on a great season in some gorgeous country.

BowBendr

Man, those are some great pics of some awesome gobblers. Congrats to you and your son Hobbes !!

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

cwb04

Those are some absolutely beautiful birds!  One day I'm going to come up there and hunt.  Way I figureit, see some new and gorgeous country like Montana, killing a turkey would just be icing on the cake.

Congrats to you and your son on a great season!

VA Gobble Addict

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Quote from: BowBendr on May 17, 2016, 05:38:01 PM
Man, those are some great pics of some awesome gobblers. Congrats to you and your son Hobbes !!

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions
:agreed: Congrats

Tommy Strutsalot

Wow, great pics, awesome job!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Heck of a spring, Hobbes.  Well done.

bluegill68

Outstanding! How high were you for your mountain birds? I would really like to try one in elk country.

jamo

Congrats, on a great season. You didn't make it back to so.il. this year?

hobbes

The two birds without me in the picture are the same birds as above them just good photos I shared. 
The part of Western Montana that I killed the mountain bird in had big steep mountains but not really high elevation (at least not compared to where I lived and hunted in Colorado ).  I was at approximately 4000 feet.

hobbes

No, couldn't make it this year to IL