turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Locator calls

Started by wvmntnhick, May 17, 2016, 12:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

I'll be looking for an upgrade to my locators for next season. Not sure why as the ones I've got seem to work just fine but I plan to upgrade anyway. I'd like to get a new owl hoot tube of some sort as well as a crow call. Might throw in a third one as a wild card but not sure what to add really. Was looking at Mike Battey's crow call on his wind talker site but it's apparently out of stock and he's apparently not making calls anymore under that name. Anyway, just looking for some opinions. Thanks.

davisd9

Gibson Crow call hands down. Never thought a crow call would impress me but my Gibson blew me away. May even try to shoot a couple crows with it this season. Chad Scruggs makes a good one from what I hear, trustworthy sources, but no personal knowledge.

Love my houndstooth morning striker. Many like the Harrison hooter. It worked well but I can play the houndstooth more easily and sounds better.

Both personal preference, ford va Chevy.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowhuntr73

Houndstooth Striker Hooter is awesome and so easy to operate. I can even sound like an owl!!

Jroddc

Gibson crow
Harrison hooter

KentuckyHeadhunter

Harrison hooter in standard walnut and Gibson crow call.
Although after this season I'm beginning to think I need a woodpecker and Canada goose call.  The were gobblin like fools at those darn geese.   
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Bowguy

I'm in agreement w the Gibson crow, harrison Hootin stick. A third may be a goose call.

wvmntnhick

Thanks for the help fellas.

mgm1955

Harrison hooter, Buckner crow call

wvmntnhick

Where would one find the Gibson crow call?

Prohunter3509

wvmntnhick

I'm assuming that the Gibson crow call people are referring to is the Darrel Gibson call on the Midwest turkey supply site. If that's the case, where would I find the Harrison owl hooter?

wvmntnhick

Found it. Never mind. I'm good. Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

Bowguy

Just a fyi you can contact Mr Gibson direct. Some of his work is unbelievable. Mr Harrison is on here, goes by owl face. You can order his stuff through Hooks custom calls too

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Bowguy on May 22, 2016, 08:11:36 PM
Just a fyi you can contact Mr Gibson direct. Some of his work is unbelievable. Mr Harrison is on here, goes by owl face. You can order his stuff through Hooks custom calls too
Thanks for the heads up. May do just that. Do you happen to have contact information for Mr Gibson?

Bowguy

Sent you pm. If you go to custom calls forum you can see lots of his work. It's awesome