OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My best season ever has come to a close.

Started by birdyhunter, May 16, 2016, 09:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

Well the depression is setting in that my season is now over. As I look back on it though I can't help but smile since I had the best season of my short 6 year turkey hunting career. I managed to kill 4 birds, call in one for my brother to kill, missed 2 and passed one because I couldn't tell if it was a jake or an adult till it was to late. I had more birds play the game than ever before, hunted multiple states ( Florida, Alabama and Tennessee) and killed a bird in all three states I hunted. I shared the woods with my 4 year old son who got to witness his second turkey kill, my 2 year old daughter who got to go for her very first time and my wife who came so close to killing her first turkey. I killed my Personal best bird in Florida and my longest beard in Tennessee. I saw some beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and had a blast every step of the way. I hope that all of you have enjoyed this spring as much as I have and for those of you still chasing spring, I wish you all very successful seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

J-Shaped

Great pics and congrats on a great season.

Uncle Bucky

outdoors

REALLY NICE U HAD A GREAT TIME ....
I LIKE THE LAST PIC , THINKING NOW THERES A GOOD HUNTER
REMINDS ME OF ME ....  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

TRG3

It won't be many years before you are going to enjoy your children's success in the turkey woods. With your success and theirs, you'd better be stockpiling those turkey recipes 'cause you're going to be eating a lot of it!

honker22

Awesome!  Congrats on a great season and making memories with the kids.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Bowguy

cwb04

Congratulations on an awesome season.  Getting the family involved is a feather in your cap for sure.  Looking at the pictures it appears that in a few years you'll be in full guide mode!  Congrats again.

GSLAM95

Congratulations to you and your family on a very special and rewarding season.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

birdyhunter

Quote from: cwb04 on May 17, 2016, 10:45:09 AM
Congratulations on an awesome season.  Getting the family involved is a feather in your cap for sure.  Looking at the pictures it appears that in a few years you'll be in full guide mode!  Congrats again.
next year starts the quest for my oldest boys first. I'm sure I will not be behind the gun nearly as much now haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

stinkpickle

kyturkeyhunter4