OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

KS Graduation Gobbler

Started by WyoHunter, May 16, 2016, 07:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

My first trip to KS was cut short by bad weather and muddy roads that prevented me from using my second tag. My grandson's graduation was this past Saturday and since the ceremony didn't start until 2:00 PM we left WY on Friday so I could hunt Saturday morning. Since I didn't have time to hunt all day I went to the picked cornfield where I shot my first bird and set out two decoys and started to call. After about twenty minutes I saw a gobbler come in silent from the creek bottom and looked at the decoys. He stared at the decoys for a while and then started to move away. I shifted my Beretta as he walked and placed the Circle reticle on his head. At 38 yards the Hevi-13 7's bowled him over. It was a short but satisfying hunt and I made it back to the hotel for breakfast with my wife. The graduation of my grandson made it a great day! 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

spaightlabs

Well done sir, and glad you got to that graduation.

SteelerFan

Sounds like a well executed plan. Congrats!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Good looking bird, congrats.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

tomstopper

Sounds like a great day. Congrats

Gold Spur

Congrats on a beautiful bird. :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

TRG3

After taking that bird, I'll bet Pomp and Circumstance never sounded so good! Congratulations on filling that tag.

hobbes

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

birddogdoc

GSLAM95

Congratulations on a fine bird and the grandsons graduation.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

marshboy

Way to go Bob!!
Glad to see you're still around!!!
Greg