OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky Season To Remember "2016" pic heavy

Started by Chilly, May 16, 2016, 09:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilly

We had an awesome Kentucky season between my wife, kids and myself.  We managed to harvest 9 birds this spring season.  I couldn't figure out how to post 9 pictures on one post so I had to put them on a slide show link.  I also posted the pictures below the start.

Too many awesome stories to share them all but to say it has been an unbelievable 2016 season in Kentucky would be an understatement.  I was able to share some exciting hunts with my wife and kids this year.  It was a little bit of a weird season considering how the birds were acting but I was able to keep everybody calm and preach how critical being patient and not calling too much was.  Both of my kids killed their two birds with one being a hen with an 8" beard.  I just couldn't hardly turn him down when he was begging to shoot it.  He is only 7 years old.....
My wife and I almost pulled off a double.  Called 6 long beards in and I was hoping her bird would flop around and cause enough ruckus to keep the other birds around.  She shot and absolutely pancaked her bird and he never even twitched which sent the others airborne and then running....No shots for dad after that.....
I still managed to fill my two state tags as well as two bonus birds.  I've already posted a few of these pictures but I figured I put them all together.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/Chillymac00/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Chilly

Chilly

Chilly

GSLAM95

Lots of good family time in those pictures, well done and congratulations..

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

kyturkeyhunter4

masters75

Beautiful birds! That is what sharing the outdoors is suppose to look like!!!

Chilly

It was definitely a season we will never forget!

J-Shaped

That will be a tough one to top. Congrats

tomstopper

Gold Spur

Congrats to all of you on a great season.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

allaboutshooting

Congratulations! What a season.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Mabren2

Great season, glad you got to share it with family!