OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

High noon................ May 15th...........

Started by Yoder409, May 15, 2016, 12:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

............in the lovely weather region known as west Pennsylvania...........

IT'S FREAKIN' SNOWING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

:help:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WildTigerTrout

Snowing here in Clinton County also. It was 35 degrees this morning at 9 am!!!  This weather is awful! :z-dizzy:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

WildTigerTrout

UPDATE: it's 1:45 PM and it's still cold and snowing!!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Happy

Same here in Garrett Co, Md. Weather has been horrible this spring. At least it's not rain. We had 18 straight days that it has rained up to this point.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

HFultzjr

Lots of big snow flurries at my house when I left the dog out at 6:45 am.
Thought I was having a dream.
Weather wise, this has been the suckiest season I can remember.
We have always had a bad spell or 2, but is this going to last the whole season?
Might have to break out some deer hunting clothes........LOL
:character0029:

kjcamper

It was snowing in Wisconsin yesterday May 14th! MAY 14TH!!! I guess the El Nino really screwed up the weather patterns this year. We have had rain and wind all spring, except for March, that month was great.

Yoder409

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on May 15, 2016, 01:44:15 PM
UPDATE: it's 1:45 PM and it's still cold and snowing!!

Yep.  Here too.

Was near blizzard conditions a bit ago.  Looked up into the back field to watch it snowing sideways and fresh, green leaves blowing across in the snowstorm..................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

HFultzjr

Saw 2 gobblers and some hens across the road this afternoon.
Looked like 1 had a snow shovel and the other had a pair of skies.
The hens all had wool scarfs on.
I heard from one of the locals, they all had sore throats and wouldn't be talking for awhile.
LOL
:funnyturkey:

Fullfan

I could have tracked a turkey in the  north east part of Crawford County this morning..
Don't gobble at me...

spaightlabs

Yuck.  Hope the weather improves for you guys soon.

Yoder409

I have hunted spring gobblers in my Realtree Snow camo...............but never in PA, yet.      :goofball:
PA elitist since 1979

maytom

I agree, this weather so far has been terrible this year for the month of May!!!

SteelerFan

There's just something SOOOOO wrong with having to dig out a pair of longjohns for turkey season! On the plus side, the Thermacell has not been needed  :angry9:

Yoder409

Quote from: maytom on May 15, 2016, 07:39:14 PM
I agree, this weather so far has been terrible this year for the month of May!!!

Really............. !!!!

Praying that tonight we don't lose all the new growth on our Douglas fir and Concolor fir Christmas trees..........
PA elitist since 1979

borderjumper

fullfan,yep snow in Crawford.I think Crawford is the wettest and coldest place in Pa.Headed out for afternoon hunt on Thursday and all day on Friday and Saturday. Been tough season so far with only a coyote hitting the ground.