turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

All corder traders and buyers Read...

Started by jjnfla, May 12, 2016, 10:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjnfla

Wtt trade one of the two osage corders glass i got. one is from 2011 the other 2016 both are in new shape will trade for other corders..

Roost 1

Don't have a Corder to trade but I got others and/or cash..

Bowhuntr73

yelpaholic

got one ill trade you think clint said it was bubinga glass

jjnfla

Just a heads up guys,i had 2 osage corder calls or i should say 1 i talked to Clint tonight and he is 100% sure that the 2011 his not his..Traders or buyers beware..I traded alot of good boxes and pots for corders and got took on one its a shame people will go this route.There may be others out there,just a heads up guys as many calls i trade on here iv never would have thought id get a fake pot of any one..buyers traders  beware..
The one that got traded Clint says is,100% real so luckly i didnt trade off the fake one to someone,i no alot of you guys looking for these pots and offer good $$ or highend boxes or pots so please call Clint he can tell ya what he made if your going trade highend stuff...   jesse

Buzzkiller

looks like his signature to me. what is it that we should look for?

REBELYELL

Man, that sucks. I didn't pay much attention to the picture before now, but there is a difference in the signatures. I would imagine Clint can detect other differences and probably has a log book of calls he made on that date. Kinda crazy, that is before he won his first DD Adams award. Did one of the two strikers in the picture come with the faux call? They both look like his striker style.

Buzzkiller

Quote from: REBELYELL on May 16, 2016, 11:44:14 PM
Man, that sucks. I didn't pay much attention to the picture before now, but there is a difference in the signatures. I would imagine Clint can detect other differences and probably has a log book of calls he made on that date. Kinda crazy, that is before he won his first DD Adams award. Did one of the two strikers in the picture come with the faux call? They both look like his striker style.
look at the signatures on 2009-2011 calls and his new calls they all different from what I 've seen

CDCorder

I feel like I should probably weigh in here.

I did change the way I sign my calls in February of 2012. From 2007 until then, I wrote my name where it was very legible. As my wife would say - "like a kid signed it." In early 2012, I started signing my name the way I would normally write my signature. Never did I sign it the way it is on that call.

The thing that jumped out at me immediately, and the reason I contacted Jesse, is I didn't make my first osage glass call until February of 2013. I suspect this call was made post-February 2014 and backdated.

After speaking with Jesse tonight, he sent me various pics of the call. There are several things that jump out at me. The signature is perpendicular to the grain instead of parallel, there are rough turning marks on the OD of the call, the OD is 0.100+ too big, the contour at the bottom is wrong, the glue is sloppy, etc., etc.

If anybody has a call that they question, PM me. Hopefully this is the only one out there of its kind.

Clint

jjnfla

Quote from: REBELYELL on May 16, 2016, 11:44:14 PM
[/quote i couldnt tell ya which striker came with the call,i had it for awhile wasnt going trade it but i traded a lamar box last week for another osage thinking i could trade one of the 2 for a different corder which i did guy picked the 2016 over the 2011 traded pot for pot.
It wasnt just the signature Clint didnt make osage glass till 2013 so theres no question its not real guys beware there could be others out there and you guys dont want to feel how i feel i traded a special call for a fake..

MattinIdaho

That totally sucks!! Jesse is 100% killer to deal with. I hope the one I sent you was legit. That is something I never would have even considered goes on. Now that you've brought it up I'm not surprised. But it sucks that it's found its way into the call world. Thanks for the heads up. It's something we will all have to watch out for now.

nsselle

SteelerFan

Counterfeit turkey calls... That stinks! *Thanks for making it known!

*Might need to sticky this one...

Bowhuntr73

yelpaholic

guess they were just trying to help with the backlog for clints calls.. ive heard of that with box calls but not pots   that's just crazy.. you should be able to track that c
fake one down though huh??