OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lacrosse alpha burlys starting to crack.

Started by supremepredator, May 12, 2016, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

Hey its me again with yet another question. Ok so ive had my lacrosse boots for about 2-3 years and the rubber around the ankle is starting to crack and the fabric on the back of the boot is starting to separate, also one has a very slow leak. Any idea's on how to fix them?

"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

Frylock

Had the same issue, got these rubber patches from a local wetsuit repair shop, they are adhered with contact glue and work great. Google inner tube repairs and you'll find them online for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frylock

http://www.rematiptop.com/parts.php
This is a starting point to finding them.

Spurs

Yup, just a regular bicycle inner tube patch....just make sure to clean with alcohol and tooth brush really well before applying

This year is going to suck!!!

supremepredator

Quote from: Spurs on May 12, 2016, 09:31:42 PM
Yup, just a regular bicycle inner tube patch....just make sure to clean with alcohol and tooth brush really well before applying

won't alcohol harm the rubber? I know gasoline will.

supremepredator

Yea frylock my dad said an innertube patch would work, but i dont like the thought of a big black patch on my full camo boots, but i guess it's better than having a split where water can get in. Could you camo it out with paint?

Frylock

Quote from: supremepredator on May 12, 2016, 09:44:45 PM
Yea frylock my dad said an innertube patch would work, but i dont like the thought of a big black patch on my full camo boots, but i guess it's better than having a split where water can get in. Could you camo it out with paint?

I suppose you could hit with some spray paint, don't see the harm in it, I'm guessing most paints will fall of pretty quickly though. I'm my case a big ugly patch was better than ankle deep water in my boot.

J-Shaped

Three years is about the max I can get out of a pair of those same boots anymore between wearing them spring, summer and fall. I've got a pair I've got to replace before this fall that look just like those. I usually search until I can catch a deal on a new pair. If they're wearing where they flex you're not likely to have much luck with a patch.

I'm two seasons into the Alpha Mudlite Snake boots with a bunch of miles on them and they look great, as do a pair of 800gr Burlys I wear a few times each winter when it is really cold. But neither see the wear of my regular Alpha Burlys.

snapper1982

Every pair i have owned of the alpha burlys have done this and split on the sides where my toes are. 6 pairs total.

Swampchickin234

Haven't had any luck with them. Same like everyone.  Have a pair of te alpha pull ons that I like.   I loved the butleys but couldn't get em to hold up.  Shop goop or silicone might work for a bit for ya

wcerin

Aquaseal Wader repair. Dries clear like  silicone. Works like a champ.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

Greg Massey

I would say it's time to get a new pair of boots. 3 years, you got your money's worth. I just don't care for rubber boots nor wear them during turkey season. Snake proof boots for me.

darn2ten

Yep, Lacrosse has definitely went down hill in the quality department in the last 10 years or so. I use to hunt the swamps of Florida a lot and rubber boots wear a must. I bought a regular green pair of burly's back in the 90's and got about 9 hard years of use out of them. Bought 3 pair from about 2006 to now and none of them were close to the old ones. Luckily most of my hunting is done in Tennessee now and I hardly ever wear rubber boots now.

TerryLNanny

Same here, got one pair cracking. Bought another pair and after only 2yrs. the whole sole's are coming off. Think I'll try some muck's.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

Greg Massey

It's that china rubber is what it is...cheap...