OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beware of TX outfitter !!!

Started by J Lacey, May 12, 2016, 10:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Lacey

Friends, I don't recall ever posting a negative word on this site nor any FB roup concerning anyone or any thing.  Today is different. After enjoying a successful hunt in KS ( I'm from Ga ) a few weeks ago we had planned a NW NE merriams trip but with snow and ice in the forecast we located a TX Rio hunt in NW TX 7/8 hours driving from our KS spot. Booked a 2 day hunt over the phone with Paul Moore of Moores Hilltop Ranch. 100% waste of time and money. Arrogant, rude, and a total scammer. His property is near Bridgeport. Met him at his barn that's in the center of a 640 acre cow pasture. He collected the balance of our $1400 fee and explained after signing release forms he would drive around and show us the ranch. He drove 200 yards and pointed to the back corner saying that was his property line. The four in our group just looked at each other thinking oh crap we've been had. He has no knowledge of a wild turkey or its habits. The property beyond his was residential mixed with some timber. His take on the entire thing was to wait for birds to come off the neighbors land onto his to "eat grass" in his pasture. He lied and lied the whole trip. After telling him there wasn't a single turkey on his place he argued that another hunter had called in five that morning. I talked to the other hunter. A lady in tears and her husband. He said all they saw was a hen walk through from across the line. She said and I quote "Paul Moore robbed us". Friends please beware if this guy and his lying cheating butt.

Thank you
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

FL-Boss

Thanks for the heads up. The internet is a powerful thing and people searching for him will now see this.

taylorjones20

His facebook page is full of negative reviews...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

maytom

Good that you gave a heads up on that guy!! Sorry to hear about your loss...of time and money!!

FL-Boss

We should have a dedicated section/page for outfitter reviews... good and bad.  It would help so many people.

J Lacey

g8rvet

RipoffReport.com

I got taken by a group in MS on a duck lease.  I did my homework ahead of time, but not enough.  One of the principals in the group is now in jail for fraud (unrelated).  When we talked with him about it (before he was jailed), he was a grade A POS.  None of it was his fault. 

By posting to ripoffreport, anyone googling his name will see it on the first page of Google.  We did not get any of our money back, but got comfort knowing they will have a hard time doing that to anyone else.  Put it on several websites dedicated to turkey hunting as well.  The more you get it out there, and give the site you put it on hits, the higher it will come up on Google.  Won't help you, but it will help others. 

Sorry you got ripped off.  I know how it feels.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

quavers59

Too bad this guy can't be sued! All that driving for nothing.

turkeyfoot

Quote from: FL-Boss on May 12, 2016, 12:16:47 PM
We should have a dedicated section/page for outfitter reviews... good and bad.  It would help so many people.
Would love to see this also very helpful tool.

honker22

Sorry to hear about your experience.  That really stinks!
I did a little bit of research on him and his operation after seeing this post, and was not real impressed with what I saw.  Just curious as to why you chose to hunt with him?
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Old Gobbler

I'm gonna mske a special " guides of shame " forum area area just for folks like this .....

BTW , florida is LOADED with folks like this also
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

J Lacey

Quote from: honker22 on May 12, 2016, 02:35:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience.  That really stinks!
I did a little bit of research on him and his operation after seeing this post, and was not real impressed with what I saw.  Just curious as to why you chose to hunt with him?

A guy I know from another state had hunted with him about four years ago and said he was a stand up guy at the time and had some birds. Knowing how our trip turned out the guy that referred him has apologized 100 times. On the drive home I did some research as well and found a lot of negative post concerning his services. Before the hunt I did not research him at all. Booked based on another hunter/friend that had been there in the past

mgm1955

Sorry for you. Thanks for sharing the info.

akp

Bowsite has a review page as well and outfitters are able to respond to both positive and negative reviews about them.  I don't spend much time on there but their format would be helpful if I was looking for an outfitter.