turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sonora Mexico Goulds

Started by neal, May 11, 2016, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramerhunts

Congratulations to you both on some beautiful birds as well as completing your Royals x2! Jay and Darr are great people.

merocustomcalls

Tail Feathers

A few years ago there was a ban on bringing the birds back to the US as I recall.  Did you get to bring the birds back to the US?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

renegade19

neal

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 13, 2016, 09:13:51 PM
A few years ago there was a ban on bringing the birds back to the US as I recall.  Did you get to bring the birds back to the US?
Oh yes two are getting full body mounted. No issues at all bringing them back
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

GobbleNut

Quote from: neal on May 16, 2016, 08:34:59 AM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 13, 2016, 09:13:51 PM
Oh yes two are getting full body mounted. No issues at all bringing them back

This is why it is important that anybody going down there to hunt is contracting with a reputable outfitter that know the process.  There are a number of procedures and documents that have to be fulfilled for things to go smoothly.  If these things are done properly, there will be no problems with getting birds back into the U.S., but if the legalities are not done right, you can have your birds confiscated and face other unpleasant consequences. 

WyoHunter

Beautiful birds! Congrats!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Sand Man

I want to do this hunt so bad.  Congrats!  Awesome looking birds.  :you_rock:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

jtg88

Just out of curiosity, how do you get your weapons and ammo across the border?  I've always wondered that.

neal

We used camp guns. It's a $250 fee to bring your own guns in.

It was very easy crossing and felt extremely safe there, I'd go again tomorrow.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

RutnNStrutn

TV shows??? :o Sounds like he's out of the price range for an average Joe like me. :firefighter:
Congrats on your gobblers!! :icon_thumright:

GobbleNut

Quote from: jtg88 on May 18, 2016, 01:32:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, how do you get your weapons and ammo across the border?  I've always wondered that.

We used camp guns. It's a $250 fee to bring your own guns in.

Unless things have changed considerably from a few years ago, not only is it costly to bring your own guns, but the registration process is a real hassle. Plus, you usually have to go through one or more military check points when driving down,...and having your own guns will complicate matters.  It is best just to use the guns and ammo provided by the outfitter.  Besides, at the ranges most Gould's gobblers are shot (usually very close,...they are gullible as hell), it really doesn't matter what gun you are shooting. 

Gooserbat

Looks like a great time. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! that's some beautiful country out there.