OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sonora Mexico Goulds

Started by neal, May 11, 2016, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Kimmy Hanks and I traveled to Arizona then hooked up with Jay Scott gouldshunts.com and headed into Sonora we hunted a 130 miles south of the border and 17 miles into the mountains at elevations of 6000-6500 ft. It was an adventure to say the least! Loved every minute of it and would do it again tomorrow!! In a day and a morning of hunting Kimmy and I both completed 2 Royal slams each. And to make Kimmys first bird even sweeter, he had bought his DD Adams award winning call back and I used it to call in his first Goulds. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

WiLL B

Congrats!! Really pretty turkeys and country too!!

hobbes

Awesome birds.  Congrats!

Jbird22

Beautiful birds Neal! Congrats to the both of you on an awesome, successful trip!

painterjp

Congrats! Great looking birds!

trkehunr93

How was your experience with Jay Scott?  He seems like a stand up guy from listening to him on
Podcasts and tv shows.

tomstopper

goblr77

GSLAM95

Congratulations on your Pavo as they look to be muy grande!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Dr Juice

Awesome bird. Please provide the specs. Thx and congrats.

codym

Man I want to go on a Goulds hunt! I have seen them many times in areas where I quail hunt but they aren't open to hunting here in NM (think they raffle off one or two tags a year) I need to do it I only live 30 minutes from El Paso. Great job!

neal

Quote from: trkehunr93 on May 12, 2016, 09:47:22 AM
How was your experience with Jay Scott?  He seems like a stand up guy from listening to him on
Podcasts and tv shows.

He was great. Everything was perfect crossing the border each time. Takes care of his leases and has a vast knowledge of hunting and being in Mexico.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

trkehunr93

Good to hear.

Greg Massey

That is one pretty bird, congrats on a great hunt.

mgm1955

Great pics!! Congrats to both of you!!