OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you drop, forget, or loose in the woods this yr.

Started by Ozark870Hunter, May 10, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Quote from: greenhead11 on May 15, 2016, 07:55:37 PM
Lost my iPhone
Camo case? And yeah I have one and have often thought of how it would turn out if I lost it in the woods.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Odessa

Got my foot caught in a vine heading through the woods in the dark and dropped my AvianX hen decoy, but didn't know it at the time.  Found it later in the day when I was leaving and retracing my steps.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Ozark870Hunter

Quote from: Odessa on May 15, 2016, 09:05:22 PM
Got my foot caught in a vine heading through the woods in the dark and dropped my AvianX hen decoy, but didn't know it at the time.  Found it later in the day when I was leaving and retracing my steps.
Did the same thing with an Avian X hen but found it later as well. Those decoy bags need better drawstrings.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

otinhunter

Lossed my Davids Halloran bloodwood one piece striker.

g8rvet

Lost my iPhone

Was it not charged or no signal?  Find my iphone should get you close enough to hear the lost signal if you play a tone.  And not because I have lost mine, but because my wife and daughter are forever losing theirs.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

beakbuster10

I lost an avian stake (previously posted) and a tom teaser hillbilly hen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenhead11

Quote from: Happy on May 15, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
Lost my iPhone
Camo case? And yeah I have one and have often thought of how it would turn out if I lost it in the woods.
no camo case dropped and on silent. The find my phone app and verizon  could not find the phone either

g8rvet

That sucks.  Would be true for most of my public hunting locations as well.  No or very poor signal. 

One time, many moons ago, we took a couple of younger guys on a snipe hunt (the silly kind, not the real kind) complete with bags and flashlights.  We lost a very expensive FM handheld fire radio and knew the chief was gonna be on our tails (he was also my Dad).  All of us went back out the next day and formed a line and walked the entire path with one guy staying back and keying the radio and calling out.  We found it!  Still working and one of the walkers heard it.  Shew.  Don't think my Dad knows that story and I am 53.  Eating dinner with him tonight, I think I will tell him.  Statute of limitations has worn out for a butt whipping. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

boatpaddle

My truck.... :character0029:

Our group have keys to each others vehicles.....Older fella's and we hunt back in the big mountains in PA.

I came out from a morning hunt and my truck isn't there........I'm dumbfounded.....I'm about 9 miles deep on a 10 mile road that dead ends.... :o 

No choice but to start walking out the road...I walk about 300 yards & there sits my truck... ::)

The fella's thought, it would funny to move my truck.... :character0029:

Paybacks are hell....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

SteelerFan

Quote from: boatpaddle on May 17, 2016, 03:03:29 PM

Our group have keys to each others vehicles.....Older fella's and we hunt back in the big mountains in PA.

I came out from a morning hunt and my truck isn't there........I'm dumbfounded.....I'm about 9 miles deep on a 10 mile road that dead ends.... :o 

No choice but to start walking out the road...I walk about 300 yards & there sits my truck... ::)

Paybacks are hell....

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Happy

I always have my phone on vibrate in the woods. I try to keep it in a zippered pocket so I don't loose it. Lost my wedding band gutting a deer once. Flicked my hands getting the blood off and off went the ring. Was the better part of an hour on my hands and knees to find that one.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on May 17, 2016, 03:03:29 PM

Paybacks are hell....

:TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny:

What a bunch of buddies you got Z!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WyoHunter

I usually find things but this year I lost my favorite camo bandanna. Great to wear around the neck on a cool morning. Looks like I'll be buying another one soon!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

tomstopper

Nothing that I know of yet but I am hoping that I will find that I lost a little weight.....lol

masters75

half a roll of toilet paper :TooFunny: