OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you drop, forget, or loose in the woods this yr.

Started by Ozark870Hunter, May 10, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Quote from: g8rvet on May 13, 2016, 05:07:53 PM
I doubt they forgot about it. I would bet they could not find it after setting it down.

I know a dumbarse that leaned his against a tree to take a whiz.  Walked off and left it.  Realized after about 15 minutes of walking there was no gun on his shoulder and had to back track to find it.  Took me a little while.  :z-dizzy:
I knew an older fella (long ago past on) who had fox hounds. He was hunting fox in and around his orchard (probably 150 acre orchard). He sat his model 12 against an apple tree while he went to gather up his dogs and when he came back he couldn't find it. He was sure some one stole it. He went out and bought a new shotgun. That spring while working in the orchard he found it leaning against the tree right where he left it, 2 rows of trees over from where he looked for it the fall before!  He took it home, cleaned it up as best he could, and sold the new shotgun he had bought!

Tail Feathers

Quote from: WW on May 11, 2016, 09:26:35 AM
My custom CEDAR/BUTTERNUT paddle call made by Steve Mann. It's in Sonora Texas. I'm still sick over that one!
If you go back and look for it, keep an eye out for my favorite Spyderco knife I lost out there a few years back.  It's near a creek.  That's all I can tell you about the location... :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkey buster

My uncle left a gun on a fence post for two years and swore it was stolen. Found it on a suggestion from myself when I asked him where he last had it. His answer---when we was dragging that deer under the fence... :z-winnersmiley:

MDSTRUTNRUT

Daughter has been trying the recurve bow thing for her second bird and threw the rangefinder in her turkey vest.   Last time was seen, friend suggested tying some trail ribbon on it  NEXT TIME      :'(    I personally have lost nothing so far but some #6 longbeard shot out the end of my bennelli.

Ozark870Hunter

There was a story last year about a guy who found a really old lever action rifle in Mark Twain nat. Forest that someone must've leaned against a tree and forgot about 40 yrs ago. It was still just leaning up against that tree, completely rusted out.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

renegade19

Quote from: g8rvet on May 13, 2016, 05:07:53 PM
I doubt they forgot about it. I would bet they could not find it after setting it down.

I know a dumbarse that leaned his against a tree to take a whiz.  Walked off and left it.  Realized after about 15 minutes of walking there was no gun on his shoulder and had to back track to find it.  Took me a little while.  :z-dizzy:

I drove off and left my Super mag at a trailhead in the Shawnee National Forest last year.  Realized it when I got home!     :funnyturkey:  Lucky for me it was in a really isolated area with little or no other traffic.  I killed two birds with it this year. 

birdyhunter

Lost my lucky ol Tom hat. Haven't killed a turkey in the last 4 years without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

Quote from: supremepredator on May 10, 2016, 02:51:49 PM
My pride.
Right there with ya'...  I also lost my patience and a few marbles as well...  Oh yeah, I lost my most favorite gobble call...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

Only one mouth call.  I leave the primary call I run all year in the woods after my last hunt as a little tradition.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

KansasGobbler

I've lost way too many strikers this year...Losing my Lyman/Torman dymondwoods crushed me :help:

TerryLNanny

Nearly lost my best box call, after shooting a Gobbler. Started walking back to my truck. Luckily remembered it. Have lost many items this way.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

SteelerFan

Quote from: KansasGobbler on May 14, 2016, 07:32:24 PM
I've lost way too many strikers this year...Losing my Lyman/Torman dymondwoods crushed me :help:

OUCH!! That REALLY stinks...

Kylongspur88

Ozark870Hunter

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's brain goes to mush after I flop a bird.
After all the talk about loosing stuff and even guns, I misplaced my shotgun in the woods today for a few minutes after shooting my first Rio.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

greenhead11