Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What did you drop, forget, or loose in the woods this yr.

Started by Ozark870Hunter, May 10, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozarks Hillbilly

Lost a few pounds from my waist line and a couple oz.'s of Hevi Shot. Word to the wise never pick up jersey gloves or handkerchiefs you find laying in the woods.  ;D

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

This year I lost nothing. In all the years I have hunted I've only lost one striker. I've lost other things but luckily found them later.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

deadbuck

Lost the Lynchs Fool Proof box call I have been carrying for last 32 years. I still tear up thinking about it.

Devastator

I lost my harrison hooter and haint gobble call this year,almost the crow call.

grayfox

Bowguy

hobbes

So far the only thing I know of is one mouth call, but I suspect that I'll find it in my truck after season.  I have left some toilet paper buried in a place (or three) but don't really want that back.

albrubacker

I once lost my truck remote (had left the key in the truck) 2 years later I found the remoter in the woods.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

J-Shaped

I usually drop about 5lbs during the spring season, but my hunting partner has started keeping a stash of honey buns with us on most hunts, so what weight I've dropped has been replaced thanks to Little Debbie.

tha bugman

what part?  If I find it can I keep it?   Not really laughing.....I know it hurts.
Quote from: WW on May 11, 2016, 09:26:35 AM
My custom CEDAR/BUTTERNUT paddle call made by Steve Mann. It's in Sonora Texas. I'm still sick over that one!

g8rvet

Last year, I lost my virginity. :drool:

Yellow shell virginity, that is.

This year, I got home with my bird and reached in my pocket for the shell I had shot it with and it was not there!  Figured out where it likely was and went back and found it. I like to mount the beard on a leather lanyard with the shell brass from the shell I shot it with. 

I had construction workers in my house and they were moving stuff out of my den.  When I got home, one of the guys had moved my hooks necklace and my beard lanyard.  He was impressed with it, especially when I told him about half of them were missing.  I told him I am not a great turkey hunter, just old! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

NYlogbeards

Only lost a flashlight, but I know exactly where I left it just too lazy to go and get it... Oh well it only cost
$3

turkeyfeathers

Quote from: paboxcall on May 11, 2016, 04:48:19 PM
Didn't lose anything personally, but I did find an 835 laying in the grass of a huge state forest last year.  State police found the owner!
how does one leave their shotgun in the woods and forget about it ?!

g8rvet

I doubt they forgot about it. I would bet they could not find it after setting it down.

I know a dumbarse that leaned his against a tree to take a whiz.  Walked off and left it.  Realized after about 15 minutes of walking there was no gun on his shoulder and had to back track to find it.  Took me a little while.  :z-dizzy:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.