OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you drop, forget, or loose in the woods this yr.

Started by Ozark870Hunter, May 10, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark870Hunter

Outside striker holders are the devil! That's what cost me the 2 I lost this year. They don't stay shut when I'm crawling under barbed wire fences. Might try the satchel route next season. Got me a sweet nwtf side bag. Maybe my strikers will make it home then.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

budtripp

This is the first year in awhile I haven't lost anything. Other than about 4.5 Oz of hevi 7s  :you_rock: usually I lose at least a striker or mouth call. 2014 I lost my ghostmaker glass call that ed made me the year before. That one stung a little bit.

WV Ridge Reaper

Striker,owl hooter,crow call.

Pretty upset about the hooter

If anyone has a houndstooth hooter the green one they wanna sell id gladly pay for it or buy you a walnut of his or Harrison walnut in trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chatterbox

Lost a brand new lightsout Dymondwood striker that I never even got to use!
A waterproof Kaiser purpleheart striker.
Gotta be more careful I guess.....

tha bugman

Good thread...lets see two strikers, three mouth calls, and at least two shells

Chilly

Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

WW

My custom CEDAR/BUTTERNUT paddle call made by Steve Mann. It's in Sonora Texas. I'm still sick over that one!

870FaceLift

I uncomfortably dropped numerous piles of bad Wendy's and biowipes throughout various public land ridges in WV.

It was an out-of-state trip.  Our group stopped at Wendy's along the way and all felt like garbage the next day...
Pass it on...

catman529

Left my brand new pair of MO Bottomland gloves in the woods early in the season. Went back next morning and found them. Lost the shell from my last bird, but it's in the grass somewhere behind the house where I fanned the tom. Have a buddy with metal detector I could find it with.

WildTigerTrout

Nothing yet this year. I did lose my favorite facemask several years ago but found it about 2 weeks later. About 10 years ago on a fall hunt  I FOUND a 1970's vintage Lynch "World Champion" box call. The fellow must have dropped it that day as it was a damp day but the call was fine. It had no name or address on it and I found it on public land. I had no way to find out who it belonged too. I would have preferred to return it to it's owner. I still have it and the sound justs gets better with age.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Chilly

Quote from: Chilly on May 11, 2016, 06:16:45 AM
My favorite mouth call and an avian x decoy stake.
Almost forgot, also lost my left glove... Had that pair for 2 seasons with no tears.  Bought a replacement pair and every finger has a seam that has split open.... they are garbage....
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Ericbrooks

So far this season I have left my rangefinder lay beside the tree I killed my bird at. Ranged him, killed him and totally forgot I layed it down until I got back to the truck. Good thing I knew what tree I was sitting at.

trkehunr93

A tube of Chapstick

Gobspur

Decoy stake this year.  Last year I shot a bird, waited till he quit flopping, layed my gun down and went out to the bird.  I messed around for twenty minutes or so admiring it, taking pictures and checking it in on my phone.  I proceeded to pick the bird up and walk a mile down the mountain to where my buddy was waiting in the boat.  First thing he says is "where's your gun?"   :o   :begging:   I had stopped a few times on the way down to sit and rest.  I couldn't for the life of me remember if I had carried my gun and left it leaning against a tree at one of those spots.  I proceeded to retrace my path best I could looking.  I reached the top where I shot the bird, and there was my gun laying next to the tree I shot him from!    ;D What a relief.  It's amazing how excited I get sometimes with these crazy birds, turning me into a total tard.

paboxcall

Didn't lose anything personally, but I did find an 835 laying in the grass of a huge state forest last year.  State police found the owner! 
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer