OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you drop, forget, or loose in the woods this yr.

Started by Ozark870Hunter, May 10, 2016, 02:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark870Hunter

We all walk, crawl, run, and relocate all season long in the turkey woods. I've yet to have a season where I made it out with 100% of my gear, but this year was the closest. I only lost 2 strikers, and a decoy stake, but found a hat from 5 years ago! No good anymore but cool to find.
So what did the woods claim of yours, never to be returned?
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

Hooksfan

1 pair of binoculars
2 facemasks

I was prepared and before the season, I bought two extra Avian decoy stakes--based on previous years experiences....and wouldn't ya know it, for the first time in over 30 years, I didn't lose a decoy stake.

supremepredator

"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

spaightlabs

Thanks for the jinx!  I haven't lost anything yet, but will be in Nebraska Thursday - Sunday so will probably end up losing a gun, binos, my vest and one glove from 3 different pairs.

VAarrowslinger

Dropped my halloran walnut wenge slate . Pot wasn't hurt but appears slate is cracked. Still sounds awesome.

Happy

Was gonna say a little pride and self esteem but was beaten to it. Other than that nothing. Did find a loaded winchester high brass shell though. I think this is the first year I haven't lost anything. Still have a week and a half to go though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Ihuntoldschool

Nothing, I don't hunt in that manner much anymore.  But I have certainly been there and done that.  You definitely lose more stuff running and crawling LOL.

codym

Lost two nice oak ridge strikers, a face mask, a couple of shotgun shells, 17 chapsticks, and 15 pounds!

beakbuster10

Lost an avian stake and some pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Pair of gloves and lost a bunch of mouth calls this year.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

chow hound

3 strikers, avian x stake, cover for FF III, 2 gloves (separate times)

chcltlabz

2 mouth calls, a box call, one pocket knife and 2 left gloves so far...
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Ozark870Hunter

Gloves and face masks are the worst when lost. I generally have no hope the minute I misplace them in the woods. It's like playing where's Waldo?
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

Dtrkyman