OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

avian leak

Started by Gobspur, May 08, 2016, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobspur

My avian x hen is leaking around the valve.  Only used lightly for two seasons.  Have others experienced this, and had any luck getting Avian to replace?  When I blow it up and push the valve in, I can hear air coming out a little. 

Roost 1

They are known for this problem.

spaightlabs

From their website:

Returns & Replacements
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can't offeryou a refund or exchange. Exchanges and replacements are handled on a case-by-case basis.

Can't hurt to call 'em anyway, but I suspect that since Fred sold to Plano the level of flexibility has probably decreased some.

Bowguy

Sportsman should unite n take a stance against companies who won't help in this type matter. Let's see two years seems long, hmmm the op prob hunted a couple days during a month long season so to me they're a week old.
They don't replace it no one should buy em, and yes they have had that problem but it's frustrating. Made in China

357MAGNOLE

I won't bother with inflatables. What if it catches a few spare pellets? I hate to spend the money but the DSD seem to be the better purchase in the long run.

Hopefully they help.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

2eagles

Leaks have been discussed a lot. I am an AvianX fan! What confuses me is that even with the air valve open both of my hens look just fine. I was hunting Friday and the temps went from 40s to 90 degrees by noon. I thought my hen might burst like an overinflated ballon, so I just opened the valve and hunted on. Decoy looked fine.

Greg Massey

Quote from: 2eagles on May 08, 2016, 07:52:34 PM
Leaks have been discussed a lot. I am an AvianX fan! What confuses me is that even with the air valve open both of my hens look just fine. I was hunting Friday and the temps went from 40s to 90 degrees by noon. I thought my hen might burst like an overinflated ballon, so I just opened the valve and hunted on. Decoy looked fine.
Agree i never try to over inflate the decoys. Just because of the temperature changes during the day. Same with the H S Strut Suzie snood decoys they are not leak proof but will stay inflated.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: 2eagles on May 08, 2016, 07:52:34 PM

Could you imagine a gobbler trying to breed the Hen and it goes POP!!!!! What would be going through the his old noggin.... Before you know, the lead.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

whiskey

Great Stuff foam should take care of any leak issues.

Wonder how much weight that would add?

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."

SteelerFan

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on May 08, 2016, 08:10:54 PM
Could you imagine a gobbler trying to breed the Hen and it goes POP!!!!! What would be going through the his old noggin.... Before you know, the lead.

His ego would be off the charts!! if he did make it back to the roost, he'd be braggin' to all his buddies  :TooFunny:

markjm15

I'm going on my third season with my strutter and hen from avian an so far so good. Maybe just a bead of silicone around the stem?
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller