OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Had quite a scare this morning

Started by Tennessee Lead, May 07, 2016, 08:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Dr Juice

Damn. You must be a champion caller. Good thing all is ok with you.

ncwoodsman

Glad you are ok. I had a bobcat slip into my setup once very stealth like. I kept staring at what I thought was a stump in the brush until I saw his ears moves. It's a freaky feeling for sure, I would have had to clean my britches from what you have described.  ;D

wvmntnhick

That's crazy man. Glad to hear you came out unscathed. Those things can be a bit tenacious at times. Often times they don't know when to give up. Sorry to hear about the birds as well.

fowledup

It's crazy how stealthy they are. I called one in a couple weeks ago while calling for my dad. It was 5 yards in front of me, only 10 yards from him, and he never knew it was there since he was looking in the opposite direction. It's no wonder why they are such good predators!

renegade19

This woulda been me..... :newmascot: I've had bobcats ruin a couple hunts but nothing like that!

lmbhngr

I would've had to call it a day due to soiled.pants

Bowguy

Pretty cool! My ex used to come after me with her claws, and fangs! guess I got used to it.
Where I live it's mostly the Bears that rush you, there's way too many n they can be a pia. No one I know hasn't called in coyotes while hunting turks, another pia around here. All part of game, for those a little concerned,  every bear/coyote attack goes to media. How many do you hear about?
Woods are safe

Gooserbat

I've called in bobcats before but not that close. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

coyote1

Tennessee Lead

It was for sure way too close for comfort.
As soon as I made eye contact with the cat it sprang from its crouched position. It happened so fast I can't believe I had a chance to swing my arm around to block it from my face.

coyote1

It's a good thing you got your arm up, those cats can do some damage. 4 or 5 years ago I saw a big bobcat jump on a doe while I was deer hunting. It tore up the hind quarters pretty bad just with its claws. I ended up shooting the deer when it stopped running, I think it would have been rough for that deer with the tears in her hind end. I'm not sure what that cat was thinking!

Ishi

You must be very good with a call. That's one problem I don't have  :)
The Spirit Lives On

grayfox

I've heard of this before. That would scare the crap of me. Glad your OK.

CMBOSTC

I had a friend who was in PA sitting against a tree calling and a fox bit him on the back of his arm. He had a nasty bruise, luckily it didn't break the skin. I had a hen decoy out and a hawk swooped down and was getting ready to grab her, so I moved and he pulled up and flew off. Can be pretty crazy out there. Glad you are alright.