turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Will They Come Back?

Started by BDeal, May 07, 2016, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

We finally got two toms to come in for my 10 year old and he hit one and the bird stumbled and flew. A couple feathers on the ground and we searched and searched but no bird. We only have one morning left and it's the only decent spot I have. They were gobbling from the roost and came from about 200 yards. Any chance they'll come back tomorrow? These two have been hanging in this area a lot.

Thanks

chadly

They are turkeys so no telling for sure.  But I would guess they will be back.  Lots of people on here miss a shot or spooked a bird off only to go back the next day and kill him.  Good luck to your son. 

Greg Massey

I still think you have a 50/50 chance of killing another one in that same spot. I would hunt the same area if that's the best spot you have but maybe in a different location that close to that spot. Also remember they will have more than one roost spot most of the time. I think pressure does a lot on moving them to different roost spots.

BDeal

They did come back this morning and we nearly got another shot. They roosted in the same area again. It was good to see them both strutting and gobbling. He must have just grazed him. I wish we had another morning or two....