turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prairie Thunder

Started by dejake, May 07, 2016, 05:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

Would like to get some feedback from anyone that's used Prairie Thunder Outfitters.  Considering a Rio hunt.  Thanks

Txag12

I have no first hand experience, BUT those guys are one of the premier outfitters in Kansas for waterfowl and HIGHLY respected. If their turkey hunting is anything close to the way they conduct themselves with their waterfowl part of the business, I highly doubt you'll be let down. I will say if I were to go to KS for turkey and wanted an outfitter, they'd be one of the first I'd look in to. Another well respected waterfowl outfitter that I know runs turkey hunts, Central Kansas Outfitters, worth checking them as well. Good luck

oliverharrelson

I tried to book a hunt with Prarie thunder last year and they would never answer phone or return calls/emails. Ended up going with heartland pride last week and had a good hunt.

dejake

mtns2hunt

Hard to find any decent reviews on Prairie Thunder Outfitters or any other Turkey outfitter. Have e-mailed and spoken with over a dozen. Most seem to consider Turkey hunting as a side offering and do not consider references a necessary requirement. One outfitter I spoke to gave me three references two of whom were from the same family members and their stories and the outfitter's were almost word for word the same. The third would not answer his phone or return messages. I passed.

Prairie Thunder Outfitters is a very birdy outfitter hosting all kinds of geese and duck hunts with overwhelmingly favorable reviews. It was difficult to get in touch with them at first because they were on the road going to shows and such. I have booked a hunt with them for Rio's for 2017. I will advise as to the success. If anyone else has hunted with Prairie Thunder Outfitters I would appreciate any feedback good or bad.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

dejake

Well, I left one voice mail, and sent two emails, and never heard from them.  I guess they don't need new business.  I booked with an outfitter that provided better customer service.  I won't go out of my way to get someone to take my money.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: dejake on August 20, 2016, 04:38:17 AM
Well, I left one voice mail, and sent two emails, and never heard from them.  I guess they don't need new business.  I booked with an outfitter that provided better customer service.  I won't go out of my way to get someone to take my money.

Can't argue with your logic. Just have to wonder why so many outfitters have such poor customer service. The best I have found are the ones whose wives run the office.

JK Spurs

I tried to contact them last year to book a hunt in 2016 and same results...no response. First time I ever had that happen. I booked with another.
I like my turkey well peppered

SinGin

Quote from: dejake on August 20, 2016, 04:38:17 AM

I feel the same way with any service

mtns2hunt

I am still going to hunt with them and will ask about the lack of response to e-mails and messages as well as provide an overview of the hunt. :z-twocents: