OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How bout a Tennessee roll call.

Started by Fox Fire, February 09, 2011, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammernstrut

Fox Fire---  If you are headed north on 75 and go past the new VW plant exit then through Ooltewah, the next big hill there is White Oak.   As you are heading up look to the right and I'm a couple of miles down the ridge toward the south.  There are turkey and deer not far off from me, just not close enough for daily viewing.  I do get to watch the sun come up over White Oak every morning.  Not a bad sight.   Hamilton county is pretty populated and not too many public hunting areas but I do have access to a couple of patches of woods well outside of town that are fairly healthy with game.  Its about an hour up to AEDC so I head up there a couple of times each deer and turkey season, right up through your neck of the woods.   Even looked at some land a few years back outside of Beersheeba Spgs.   Real pretty country.

Crutch

Quote from: younggun on February 18, 2011, 07:58:06 PM
Whats up fella newbie here from robertson co. Just found site cause I was tired of reading all the BS on tnducks and tndeer looks like i am not the only one. Will be at the show this weekend looking to add to my collection of stuff I dont really need but might once. :D

What part of Robertson County do you live in. I grew up in Coopertown.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

hammernstrut

Hey Grizz--  I wish I was closer to AEDC.  We've taken a couple of nice birds up there as well as some nice does.  Saw the biggest buck I've seen in the wild (only been hunting about 4 years) at last year's fall turkey hunt there.  

Fox Fire

Actually I live in Coalmont about half way between Mt.Eagle and Bersheba (as we locals call it), It aint a bad place to live because we dont have a large population and everything that goes with it but on the other hand ther aint much for jobs around here, you have to travle to find a decent pay'n job.

It used to be down rite ruff up here but in the last 20 years its calm down a lot, also used to ahve plenty of woods to play/hunt in but a lot has been bought up and fenced in.

Fox Fire

15 minutes ?? ya care to tell about wher you live Griz ? you mite not be far from me at all, I live about a half hour from AREO.

hammernstrut

You are right about that Grizz---  I took a couple of days off and went in the middle of the week during the last fall hunt and I felt like I was the only person in the place. 

Fox Fire

Me and my cousin used to squirrel hunt on the back side of ther wher the river runs thru.  It was Sept. maybe Nov. and I thought I herad a gobbler, I heard it again about 10 minutes later, I figureed it was on a farm nearby, but every time it would gobble it would be farther away, it finally went out of hear'n range.

That was the first and I think the only time I've heard one gobble that time of year.

younggun

Yea Fox Fire finding hunting  ground can be real tough around here. I am not originally from robertson and found out pretty quick if you weren't grown here it is hard but I have been able to find some decent spots in the county that pay off. But you are right the area has got the birds no doubt.

Crutch I live in springfield near the golf course. I am out coopertown way pretty frequently, hunt a little out there to at a buddys farm. I did not grow up here but just down the road in madison (neelys bend).

Howdy Howdy.  I'm checking in from Williamson Cty. 

Good Luck this season. 

Chris

hammernstrut

Sounds good to me.   We may have already met at one of the sign in stations and not known it.  Always fun to see folks you know year after year.   It's sometimes hard to remember names because I'm usually half asleep when trying to sign in.

Fox Fire

Sounds like a winner to me, if we could find a place to shoot we could have show and tell :z-guntootsmiley:.

Used to down at Big Daddys store in Southpittsburg they had a turkey hunters throw down every spring before season started, they had a turkey shoot and the winner took home a brand new benelli, also (and my fave part) they set up a table with a lead sled and you could try out shot gun chokes as long as you brung your own shells, it was a good time plus it gave you a chance to try some choke/shell combos, they quit have'n them about 2 years ago.

Fox Fire

PM returned.

When i first posted the TN roll call it was just to see how many we had on here from the volunteer state, but its even more interest'n to find some this close to my home20.

Small world I guess.

Fox Fire

If you want we can try to set up a meet and greet soem time sure nuff, maybe have a shoot or if some thin else to make it a better time than just stand'n around talk'n.

any ideas?

hookedspur

Im not from Tenn. but Ill come hunt with yall
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Fox Fire

Test'n the water...Anyone else interested in a pre turkey season get to gather? maybe enjoy some turkey call'n games/contest/how to lessons , shot gun patteren try'n, and maybe somethin to eat ?

Throw out some ideas and lets see what happens if we can find the time and a place thats nuetral for all who want to.