OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How bout a Tennessee roll call.

Started by Fox Fire, February 09, 2011, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhunter

i live in alabama but i hunt 20 min north of  the bama/TN line.  in Lutts!

magicman

I'll be at the NWTF show friday. As for the fever.....it never goes away.

muzzleman

Rhea county but hunt bledsoe, rhea, and cumberland

allchokedup

Quote from: Fox Fire on February 13, 2011, 12:31:38 PM
Just keeps gett'n better, more and more volunteers say'n hey.

So ya'll  start'n to get the fever yet?   The bird flu we'll call it. :TooFunny:

I'm real sick..been watching the new DVD'S that are out. I have a ground blind set up in the garage and been sitting there practicing on my friction calls while watching the DVD's. My wife caught me and said "you're sick". yep!
Took all my guns out of the safe and cleaned them all up, even though they did'nt need it. After I get back from the NWTF Convention, I'm going to take those guns out and shoot the heck out of um.  :fud: I think I got a fever!

pullit

Fox Fire

Yeah Griz they honored me with a premanetly banned, bit the dust I did, but I still check out post every now and then just to see whats up.
  From what I've heard on other forums they've had a change in the powers that be, I guess thats why they got rid of the classified section, I know a lotta guys were complain'n about it so they locked the thread to try and stifle it.

man some of you guys are ate up with it, sit'n in the garage in your blind practice'n your calls is kinda heavy duty, you should win something for that.

So far I've only been play'n with my diaphram call while drive'n, but thats the way it starts out, as it gts closer I'll wind up sand'n a hole in my pots try'n to find a better sweet spot.

hammernstrut

Howdy all!   I'm in Chattanooga.  New to the OG and enjoying all the great info here.   :wave:

Fox Fire

Chattanooga ay ? your just down the mountain from me, so...welcome to theropy, were all here for the same reason so get comfortable and help us help you, the first part is to admit you NEED theropy, after that it gets easy, we all feel your pain brother.

Feel free to tell us a little about yourself and your turkey hunt'n wants, needs, let downs, we've all experienced the same thing.  :welcomeOG:

Crutch

hammernstrut, this is a great site, you don't get bashed and everyone is so helpful. remember, there are no dumb questions, unless it involves a squeeling hen.  :icon_thumright:
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

hammernstrut

Thanks Fox Fire----  From all I've been reading I have exactly the same disease as everyone else.   I've only been hunting ol' Tom for 4 years now and I'm sick with it.  I'm taking my 10 year old with me for the first time this year so I won't be the only one infected in the family.   He's got no idea what joy and frustration he's in for!

And Crutch--  thanks for the welcome.   I have yet to run into an ill natured turkey hunter.  I'm sure they're out there but most folks I meet are as helpful and friendly as they can be.  Looks like OG is full of the same. 

Fox Fire

I'm not gonna mess with TNDeer, I have to many other sites to keep me entertained anyway, its a good site dont get me wrong but I spend to much time on this "puter" anyway.

Dont look like I'm gonna make the NWTF show afterall, I have to work all weekend, need the money anyway I guess.

Hammer & strut, you keep that youngun in the woods all you can, its a good kinda sickness we have here and kids can get it also, but it wont hurt'em.   Wher abouts Chatt ya live, rite in town or a outta town some ?

younggun

Whats up fella newbie here from robertson co. Just found site cause I was tired of reading all the BS on tnducks and tndeer looks like i am not the only one. Will be at the show this weekend looking to add to my collection of stuff I dont really need but might once. :D

hammernstrut

Hey Fox Fire---  I'm out toward Apison on the east side of town close to White Oak Mtn.   Far enough out to have possums and raccoons strolling through the yard but no deer or gobblers.   Too many neighbors.  Even saw a nice formation of night flying geese crossing the moon last night.  Made me sorta heartsick for those quiet mornings setting up in the dark and watching the sky slowly turn pink while the cardinals and crows wake up to another beautiful Tennesse spring day.  Oh man, now I've got to go throw in another hunting video to ease my pain and impatience.

Fox Fire

A big ol :hello99: from the Mt Eagle area, man your rite in the middle of turkey central, mid Tenn. is covered up in birds.
  I was in just south of Robertson Co. one day try'n to find some hunt'n ground and it's tuff to do around ther, I pulled up into one drive way and the guy was out in the yard and all of a sudden he takes off run'n tward the house, he leaps the porch steps and takes a quik look as he slams the front door, so I waited for a minute and he would not come back out.
   It was kinda funny now that I think about it, but since you live ther your luck should be better I'm sure.

Since you new here all I can say is dig in, lotta god turkey hunt stuff here, and a lotta good people.

Fox Fire

Hammer... I know exactly wher your at, kinda anyway.  I drive a truck and pass thru ther evey now and then, you cant be far from turkey/deer I'd bet.

I was think'n about a dvd rerun myself but I have to work tomarrow and if I get started on TV I'll be late get'n to sleep (probably wont get to bed early anyway).