OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

#3 was a booger!

Started by C.Kimzey95, May 04, 2016, 06:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.Kimzey95

I've been chasing number 3 for nearly 3 weeks but chased this bird specifically the last 4 days. I would be willing to say that I've made nearly 20 set ups on him since Sunday when I first saw him. I killed him on set up number seven today right before a nice thunderstorm rolled through. He loved to talk and I would not be afraid to estimate I've heard him gobble 200-250 times in the last 4 days. He was sporting some 11/8" Spurs and a 9 1/2" beard. He was a heavy rascal tipping the scales at 23 pounds. I'm nearly positive that he would've been dead right off roost after my battle with his boss hen however three deer walked all over me and messed that up. I had watched him get with a hen while eating my lunch at the truck. I tried to get on him but the hen would have none of it. I knew him well enough that I was pretty sure when he got done with her he would wanna talk again and that he did. He screamed his final few words before coming to my avian xs at a dead run and at 24 yards he ate a federal 3rd degree. It's birds like this one that will get you hooked all over again. Checkmate to this old gobbler, he was a fun one.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Dr Juice

tomstopper

Way to stay after him. Congrats on a nice bird

surehuntsalot

congrats on your hard earned victory
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SteelerFan

Gotta love the game they play! Congrats!!  :icon_thumright:

renegade19

C.Kimzey95

Thanks y'all! It had been my best season ever so far. I've never tagged out. Would love to fill that last tag in this last little bit!

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

mgm1955

Hooter

Way to go Kid!!  :icon_thumright:
How's your jaw doing???  Waited all weekend for your call. Sounds like you got plenty of birds on ya'lls place to keep you busy anyway.  :happy0064:

maytom

Way to stick with it!!!!

knifeshark

How sweet it is! Congrats , and I'll bet your face hurts from smiling!

ncwoodsman

I love reading stories like this. Glad you stayed after him and the persistence finally paid off! Congrats on a fine bird.