OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in TN, bucket list bird, on video

Started by catman529, May 04, 2016, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

I have had the itch to try fanning, not with a decoy but just with a tail fan and have a dominant bird come after me. Normally I hunt traditionally with a couple of calls and my gun and no decoys. But it seemed like a heck of a rush to have a PO'ed tom come strutting up to your face.

Well it didn't look like I was gonna get the chance to try this year, between hunting all kinds of public land and not seeing many strutters in the few private fields I can hunt. But recently, some birds started using the fields again on the farm where I live.

I saw a strutter in one field while heading out to work yesterday morning. When I got home later that afternoon, I saw a few hens in the back field and had a suspicion they had a tom with them.

I got my camo, gun, cameras and the tail fan from the 4-beard I shot a couple weeks ago. I snuck out into the back field, and here I will let the video tell the rest...

http://youtu.be/WCJndwG23H4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cramerhunts

Congratulations on another great bird. Enjoyed the video, nice work.

mgm1955

varmint101

SteelerFan

Can I be honest with you... ??

When I watched your video, the first thing that went through my mind was: Good Lord, I hope he sprayed down with Permethrin!!

:TooFunny:

Congrats on your bucket list achievement! Always enjoy your videos.  :icon_thumright:

Hookinembig

Great job on the video and congrats on the nice bird. I am sure that was a rush and with the fan off a bird you killed this year. Great job once again and keep it up.

C.Kimzey95

Congrats. Love ur vids. What part of TN are you in?

Tennessee Lead

Dr Juice

DirtNap647

love your videos great work kind of sad your tagged out love to see you post these up have to wait a year now

catman529

Quote from: SteelerFan on May 04, 2016, 05:24:23 PM
Can I be honest with you... ??

When I watched your video, the first thing that went through my mind was: Good Lord, I hope he sprayed down with Permethrin!!

:TooFunny:

Congrats on your bucket list achievement! Always enjoy your videos.  :icon_thumright:
ha ha yea my clothes were sprayed, although they had been washed twice since I sprayed them, I never noticed any ticks so I guess there was still some juice left in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jwright8

Congrats!! Love your videos.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats on a beautiful bird and nice video

jepcho

Congrats. I really enjoy watching your videos

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk