OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The gobbler and the DSD, a love story

Started by alloutdoors, May 03, 2016, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alloutdoors

Took these Saturday morning, I posted a few more from this set in the photography section but that subforum is pretty dead.

Ishi

The Spirit Lives On

knifeshark

He looks a little disappointed in the last picture, L.O.L.! Very good pics.

Mabren2

Awesome pics! I love seeing the transformation in colors in the head and neck.

alloutdoors

Quote from: knifeshark on May 03, 2016, 06:25:05 AM
He looks a little disappointed in the last picture, L.O.L.! Very good pics.
Haha, you have no idea. He spent over an hour and a half trying to figure out that decoy. I had to not-so-quietly pack away my camera gear to finally convince him to leave, even then he walked away very slowly and kept stopping to strut every few steps.

cramerhunts

Awesome pictures! Very cool, thanks for sharing them.

eorlando

Those are incredible.  Being a photographer as well I can really appreciate those.  That is one thing I don't have pictures of is strutting turkeys. I need to get put and get some one day.

ncwoodsman

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing. Only God could make something this beautiful.

silvestris

He may be a fine gobbler, but aWild Turkey he ceased to be at the sight of the decoy.  That is the sad effect of sign stimulus.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

alloutdoors

Quote from: silvestris on May 03, 2016, 09:02:51 AM
He may be a fine gobbler, but aWild Turkey he ceased to be at the sight of the decoy.  That is the sad effect of sign stimulus.
Go fight your crusade somewhere else, this wasn't even a hunt, just a photo shoot.

renegade19

Great pics!  Thanks for sharing.  Am I a bad or unethical turkey hunter because I don't even know what sign stimulus is?  What is going on here?

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

renegade19

The component or characteristic of an external stimulus which initiates a particular innate behavioural response in an animal perceiving it, regardless of the presence or absence of the remainder of the stimulus.

"That's all I got to say about that."
- Forest Gump

Rio Fan

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!  :icon_thumright:

I had a jake get on top of my DSD hen and after he finished his business he literally laid on the decoy with his wings draped over the sides, he wore himself out.  Funny stuff.

Sand Man

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!