OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Busting Gobblers off hens

Started by TerryLNanny, May 02, 2016, 07:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryLNanny

I've had great success with this, if the situation presents itself. Down here in NW FL. we can't hunt after 1:00 PM. so I track roads and look. Several times catching Gobblers and hens in the road. Bust them up, usually the old boy comes in the next morning.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

renegade19

TerryLNanny

Plausible doesn't cut it down here. Public hunting, you've got to do your homework. Stay in the woods, burn gas. I'm sure alot of you you hunters don't even have a clue, as you hunt leases or private property.

taylorjones20

Quote from: TerryLNanny on May 02, 2016, 10:44:46 PM
I'm sure alot of you you hunters don't even have a clue, as you hunt leases or private property.

:welcomeOG:

:TrainWreck1:

:popcorn:
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Spurs

Plausible doesn't cut it down here. Public hunting, you've got to do your homework. Stay in the woods, burn gas. I'm sure alot of you you hunters don't even have a clue, as you hunt leases or private property.
Funniest....post....ever
This year is going to suck!!!

dejake

Quote from: Spurs on May 02, 2016, 11:30:56 PM
Funniest....post....ever

Nah, second funniest.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: dejake on May 03, 2016, 02:34:39 AM
Quote from: Spurs on May 02, 2016, 11:30:56 PM
Funniest....post....ever

Nah, second funniest.
What was the funniest?

wvmntnhick

And I'm certain you should do more homework. There's a ton of hunters on here that hunt nothing but public land. I'm not one but the club I hunt may as well be public land. Actually, it can often times be worse. Public land generally restricts the use of atv's. Our club doesn't.  There's an atv trail every 100 yards or so because no one wants to do any kind of work for a bird, deer, etc. I'm not against the easy ones but it's gotten out of hand on the club for sure. I've gotten lucky enough to get access to some small chunks of ground finally but it was like pulling teeth from a crocodile to get it. And the thing is,mother birds roost on the neighboring farms. Ever tried pulling a bird across 300 yards of wide open field when they expect the source of the calling to be visible and come to them? I'll take my chances on your public land.

chatterbox

I think we've just been insulted...

wvmntnhick

Quote from: chatterbox on May 03, 2016, 09:47:26 AM
Just realized he's a new guy. Probably hasn't read others tales of woe when hunting the public lands yet. He'll adjust, I'm sure. And I'd just like to preface all of this by saying, I'm in no way bashing or getting on to the new fella. Just read my last post and realized that when reading with the wrong inflection, it could have come off kind of snarky. Wasn't the intent. Was simply pointing out that many of the members of this site hunt harder than most guys I'll ever meet. I still say that I may hunt with the hardest hunting man in existence but many here go well above and beyond the call of duty to secure a bird.

renegade19

Dang dude I thought I was agreeing with you.  I'd say well over 50% of the birds I have killed have come from the SHAWNEE NATIONAL FOREST.  Last time I checked, that was PUBLIC land.  Good luck down there. 

101st501

You mean to tell me that turkeys are on private land?  I thought they could only be found on public land!!!  All these years I have been believing a lie.

TerryLNanny

Sorry guys, didn't mean to insult anybody. I'm new on here.
Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 03, 2016, 10:00:26 AM
Just realized he's a new guy. Probably hasn't read others tales of woe when hunting the public lands yet. He'll adjust, I'm sure. And I'd just like to preface all of this by saying, I'm in no way bashing or getting on to the new fella. Just read my last post and realized that when reading with the wrong inflection, it could have come off kind of snarky. Wasn't the intent. Was simply pointing out that many of the members of this site hunt harder than most guys I'll ever meet. I still say that I may hunt with the hardest hunting man in existence but many here go well above and beyond the call of duty to secure a bird.

CMBOSTC

That was funny! Welcome aboard, you should fit in perfectly.

renegade19

Quote from: TerryLNanny on May 03, 2016, 03:02:50 PM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to insult anybody. I'm new on here.
Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 03, 2016, 10:00:26 AM
No worries brother. :welcomeOG: