OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

got it done with stick and string

Started by Moore, May 01, 2016, 11:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

April 13 Opening Minnesota Turkey Season.  My season was done in three hrs. I setup in the field that I new they would be using. I had one tom gobbling good on the roost, and would hammer back at me and all sudden I see move on the hill that bird is coming in, so I reached down for my bow and thought I had it in the bag. What I didn't realize is that wasn't just one bird it was five for long beads and a hen. I threw everything at them to try to close the 80 yd distance nothing worked not even my ace in the hole the kee kee run those five birds were content there spit drumming. I watched them for over a half hr. I even saw then hen got bread. At that point those long breads head back in the woods and then broke my way and got 5yds from my setup. another hen flew down to join her and another. I thought this is great live decoys they feed all around my blind. Here comes the jakes right in my setup. they came right in to my avain x jake and hen decoy. It was funny how the circled the new kid on the block. then one in particular press his breast feathers up against the decoy and I new he was going to beat up my decoy. He did not once but twice, and I thought well if your tough enough to fight then you must be big enough to ride on my game cart to the truck. I drew back and I must admit I did spoke the jakes but I did get to full draw and he was still in my range. I let the arrow fly and hit its mark I see my  arrow in the bird and my arrow wrap waved in the air like a flag. he ran three ydsand the only flopped for 30sec. his buddies came over to check him out and the hens still feeding. as I got out of my blind  I had another ten birds behind my. this was awesome. here are my pictures of my short season.
[

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Spring Creek Calls

Congratulations, time to plan a road trip.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Strick9

LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

knifeshark

cramerhunts

Snood Life

TRG3

Congratulations on filling your tag the hard way. To go after them with a bow is a real challenge. While I successfully hunt deer with my longbow, I've not gotten the urge to do so yet on turkeys although I've used my flintlock fowler to take a couple.

101st501

tomstopper

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

RutnNStrutn

varmint101