turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let's play a new game

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 27, 2016, 09:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Woah!! While was whittling on the stick , a few squeaks came out and a bird double gobbled around a 100 yards.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Dropping the stick and my old hickory pocket knife in all of the excitement, i headed for that gobbler. Listen he just gobble again. Did you hear him? Man he's sounding off like he wants to make love.

Izzyjoe

In all this excitement I forgot to put the truck in park, and it roll off the hill smashing into a huge oak tree, and by the way a 30lb gobbler was roosting in it!

Greg Massey

Should i put a decoy out or just wait for him to fly off the roost? Looks like i just mess up my yeti licence plate on this big oak tree and they said this yeti stuff is wildly stronger and grizzlies proof.

Spitten and drummen

Uh oh. Conservation officer just pulled in and he is frowning about the damage my truck did to the tree.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Greg Massey

I told the conservation officer you need to stop and look up in the tree just about that time the big gobbler did a double gobble and as i turn back around the officer was pulling out a 10 gauge remington shotgun and it had this high power spotting scope. Man this gun was called freak nasty number 2. What am i going to do ?

Spitten and drummen

I put my hands on my head and calmly explained what happened.  It was a honest mistake but he was angry , ranting on and on about me having to pay for the tree. Then automatic weapon fire came from up the road , he told me to stay put and he left with haste to go check it out. After his truck got out of sight , I figured I better call it a day. I sped home , thinking where I would start day 3.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

JK Spurs

As I sat at home pondering, I cracked open a couple cold ones and had me a big fat cigar.
I like my turkey well peppered

Greg Massey

Relaxing in my chair drink a cold one i start thinking about hunting strategies and how i'm going to hunt tomorrow. I think tomorrow i'm going to use clucking sounds, purrs, and a hen yelp. I have another secret weapon in my bag of tricks a squealing hen. I know this will get that big gobbler all fire up in the morning he will think it's breeding season for sure. Looking across the room i see old Blue is sleeping and the wife is in her chair snoring. Man i wish i could sleep like them during turkey season i'm just to excited.

Spitten and drummen

My phone rings and I answer it. It's my brother in law bubba. He wants me to go to a piece of private land he has permission to hunt. It's a 100 acres between walmart and a high school bordered by the interstate.  Says he has been hearing 18 different birds. I say ok and he is set to pick me up at 4am for the 20min. Ride downtown.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

SteelerFan

At 4:45 my brother-in-law rolls into the driveway; all bleary-eyed, disheveled, and smelling like the floor of the men's room from the local tavern.

Greg Massey

After talking to Bubba, i'm think what gun any i going to use. I have this special made Yildiz 410 with night sights. You know hunting that close to Walmart we could stop at Lowe's and grab a few 2 x 4"s and i have that old army camo netting we could build a blind at the end of the field before daylight. You know i hope Bubba really did hear a bunch of turkeys and it wasn't someone in sporting good trying to find someone to check them out with a primos box call and a red wolf gobble tube.

Spitten and drummen

Pull up and running late as usual. Bubba still smells like a brewery but he manages to stay awake. Step out of the truck , boy it's bright with all these city lights.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

SteelerFan

I asked Bubba who owns this property and gave him permission to hunt, and Bubba tells me he has no idea who actually owns it - but "ain't nobody done said we COULDN'T hunt here!"...

wvmntnhick

Besides, his girlfriend's daddy said it'd be alright and that was all the permission we needed.