turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let's play a new game

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 27, 2016, 09:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

My phone starts vibrating and it a text from my buddy John doe. He killed a good bird this morning. I ask him what call he used and he replied his new Waddall Wacker triple Reed mouth call with a t bone cut from flextone.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Just about that time 2 pretty blonds stop on the side of the field and said MISTER just back up the road in that hay field we saw 2 huge man all dressed in camo crawling on all fours with 2 turkey fans attached on their rear end and trying to slip up on this jake out in the field. I ask the girls is this a dumb blond joke.

Spitten and drummen

Oh no. I recognized one of the blondes , it's Tiffany,  should have known the way she kept saying I believe one of the men was cuz Strickland and he had a bbd.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Greg Massey

Little did she know i'm a turkey killing machine i have the confidences to kill every turkey i see and hear. To get a great turkey you have to pass on the jakes. But little did she know i can beat the odds with being creative and aggressive with making turkey noises. I'm one of the most skilled woodman she has ever seen. I have the tools to get the job done today with my new freak nasty turkey vest and my 20 gauge 870 youth model with a 42 in barrel and 4 in. shells i know with these tools i'm a killing machine no turkey can rest tom or jake. Was that a gobble just them back across the field ?

Spitten and drummen

I cut across the wide open field knowing my hec suite will keep me invisible.  By the time I get to the other side the bird has quit gobbling naturally.  It's ok , I pulled out my trusty mad calls dog whistle. I blow so hard that it feels like my one good eye is going to pop out.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Greg Massey

This time i have a secret weapon with me a piece of plastic with a bottom of a can on this slate call. I bought this call off ebay because a friend of mine said it was the best slate call ever made. it's called Lohman Thunderdome slate call. i paid just over 200 dollars for this one of a kind call. As i made that first turkey sound on this secret weapon, i heard a cow across the field moo and a squirrel chatter in the oak tree above my head. Man this call is a secret weapon, i've got everyone talking. Was that a gobble again or a car horn ?

wvmntnhick

Made no difference to me because as I looked up in the direction the parachute came down, your not going to believe who I saw walking towards me dressed in full turkey gear.

Greg Massey

Was it Eddie Salter turkey man himself with his Down N Dirty V Cut diaphragm call ? You know he's a turkey hunting legend.

perrytrails

Was it the down and dirty boys with the Haint gobble call??

Spitten and drummen

I didn't stick around to see. Sick of all these celebrities hunting on my public land. Thought of a place up the road and headed that way. Maybe I can get away from the crowd.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

wvmntnhick

Get there only to find 7 vehicles parked in a small lot only large enough to hold 4. Figured what the heck and jumped out anyway. Probably should've waited for the truck to come to a complete stop but I'll worry about that later. I could see the old gobbler strutting on the distant ridge already from the road.

yelpy

On my way to get set up on that big old gobbler I step in a pile of dog crap.

Greg Massey

Not sure that dog crap was not from a coyote or a black panther. Reguardless i'm headed for that ridge with crap on my new snake boots. Man look at him strut and gobble.

yelpy

Half way to where I plan on setting up I realize I forgot my gun in the truck.

wvmntnhick

To keep from wasting time and going back, I found a long stick and whittled the tip down to a fine point.