turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

And just like that my season is over before it started

Started by lunghit, April 27, 2016, 07:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

Ruptured my Bicep muscle and had surgery today. My season was going to start May 1st but now I'll be home and in a sling for the next few months. Worst thing is I have a brand new DSD jake decoy and Winchester SX3 with an Aimpoint red dot scope sighted in and ready to go. I will have to break her in next year. NY hunters good luck and save me a big one for next year!!
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Happy

Sorry man. That sucks, looking forward to something all year and then not being able to do it is pretty rough.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

spaightlabs

Sorry to hear about your injury and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Your season isn't done at all, you just can't shoot.

Take a kid hunting, help a buddy tag his bird.  It is every bit as fun and certainly more rewarding helping someone else out.

I took this father and son team out last week. They had a blast, but it was more rewarding for me to see how stoked they were.

lunghit

Yes Happy it does suck but I will kill one next year!! Spaightlabs good job taking that father and son team out. Looks like a hunt the 3 of you will never forget. I might be able to go with my friend that got me into turkey hunting years ago. He called in the first bird I ever shot and I hope to call in one for him this year!!

spaightlabs

That's the spirit - the student becomes the master!

Hope you recover well.  Listen to your Doc and do all of your PT.  Chicks will dig you forever, that bicep will always look yuuuuuuge!

Greg Massey

Sorry for the bad news, good luck on your recovery. You will have lot more turkey hunts coming.

Bowguy

Quote from: spaightlabs on April 27, 2016, 07:12:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your injury and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Your season isn't done at all, you just can't shoot.

Take a kid hunting, help a buddy tag his bird.  It is every bit as fun and certainly more rewarding helping someone else out.

I took this father and son team out last week. They had a blast, but it was more rewarding for me to see how stoked they were.

Exactly what I was thinking. Perfect opportunity to mentor a kid or newbie

SteelerFan

Dang.. that is a kick in the sack!! Hopefully you can do some assist this season, even if its being the one armed cameraman filming a buddy. Good luck on recovery!  :icon_thumright:

Haypatch

Hate that for you and praying  for complete healing...
Like everyone else has said... Get in the woods if your able even if it's just to listen to them wake up!

lunghit

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. I will do my best to walk the turkey woods with call in hand. Looking forward to seeing your kill pics on here this season!!

Farmboy27

About ten years ago I had a sever dislocation of my left shoulder a few days before season. Doc put it a sling until I could in for surgery 2 weeks later. It was my left shoulder and I shoot left handed. I borrowed a buddy's old h&r single shot (light weight and knew I'd only get of one shot anyway) went out hunting, and shot a jake one handed from my right shoulder. That jake is still one of my proudest turkey hunting moments.

lunghit

Quote from: Farmboy27 on April 27, 2016, 08:37:05 PM
About ten years ago I had a sever dislocation of my left shoulder a few days before season. Doc put it a sling until I could in for surgery 2 weeks later. It was my left shoulder and I shoot left handed. I borrowed a buddy's old h&r single shot (light weight and knew I'd only get of one shot anyway) went out hunting, and shot a jake one handed from my right shoulder. That jake is still one of my proudest turkey hunting moments.
I thought about the one handed trick but these Hevi-13 are way too much for me lol. I'd probably dislocate my good shoulder.

Dr Juice

renegade19

TRG3

I hope you can find a way to salvage your turkey season. I, too, had an unfortunate situation happen to me a month before the 2015 turkey season opened when I broke my right ankle. It took a plate and 5 screws to get things right. Five a.m. on the opening day of the season found me hobbling across a 20 acre picked soy bean field on my walker with my wife carrying the decoys, shotgun, etc. I reminded her of the "...for better or worse" clause in our wedding vows which she took good naturedly. She returned to the truck and an hour later was awakened by my 12 gauge collecting a nice gobbler. This time, I carried the decoys, gun, etc. while she lugged the gobbler across the field. I graduated from the walker to just a boot as the season progressed, taking another gobbler a month later.