OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ameristep Return Policy

Started by AC HAMMER, April 27, 2016, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC HAMMER

I bought an Ameristep blind this year for turkey hunting. The first time I sat in the blind I shot through the "shoot through" mesh window. When I shot through it the whole seam ripped down the blind. There is now a 6-7 inch rip in my blind. When I contacted Ameristep they told me I had to send my blind back through the mail (money out of my pocket) then wait 3-4 weeks for them to ship me a new one. Turkey season will be long over by then. I am very upset with Ameristep. I have pictures of the ripped blind I offered to send them to prove it was indeed ripped. They claim "free replacement" when it really costs you money to ship it back along with your whole turkey season if you plan on hunting with children who you need to sit in a blind or are just a person who prefers blinds over sitting in the ground period.

BowBendr

I gotta ask...what in the world did you shoot thru that mesh that would rip out a whole seam down the side ?
Had mine for years and never had a problem with it, and have never heard of what you're saying. I'd be nicer about it, because they probably coulda' flipped it around on you and claimed that you abused it. Just playing devils' advocate as I have been in retail for 20+ years....

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

spaightlabs

Who'd you buy it from?  Maybe see if the retailer will take better care of you than the manufacturer?

Sounds little hinky to have a whole seam rip out due to a shot through a piece of mesh...

AC HAMMER

Quote from: BowBendr on April 27, 2016, 07:01:01 PM
I gotta ask...what in the world did you shoot thru that mesh that would rip out a whole seam down the side ?
Had mine for years and never had a problem with it, and have never heard of what you're saying. I'd be nicer about it, because they probably coulda' flipped it around on you and claimed that you abused it. Just playing devils' advocate as I have been in retail for 20+ years....

I shot my shotgun through it. I made sure to press my barrel against the window in the direct middle. I have shot through plenty of those windows exactly like this before, but for some reason it ripped this time! I have used Ameristep my whole life, but I'm not too happy with this incident. And I made sure I was as nice as I could be with the gentleman. I understand that sometimes "stuff" happens!

Jmbradt3873

My Ameristep blind says only shoot nonexpanding broadheads through it, never a firearm. I might have to try it now that the season is over, I  normally don't use it for turkeys because the velcro window mesh os soooo loud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

From what i've seen of most blinds the material and the framing are not well built anyway. I tried one few years ago and after I throw that thing in the creek after more than a hour of trying to get it to pop out i said i would never buy another one.. i will just use some 2 x 4 and camo netting etc..

AC HAMMER

Quote from: Jmbradt3873 on April 27, 2016, 08:12:41 PM
My Ameristep blind says only shoot nonexpanding broadheads through it, never a firearm. I might have to try it now that the season is over, I  normally don't use it for turkeys because the velcro window mesh os soooo loud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I asked the gentleman on the phone if me shooting through it with a firearm was the problem and he insisted that you could shoot anything through them. I am not trying to come off as a person who is a hot head or someone who complains, I am just kind of irritated. I've used Ameristep for years and have never had a problem until now. Oh well!

snapper1982

Quote from: AC HAMMER on April 27, 2016, 07:25:36 PM

I shot my shotgun through it. I made sure to press my barrel against the window in the direct middle. I have shot through plenty of those windows exactly like this before, but for some reason it ripped this time! I have used Ameristep my whole life, but I'm not too happy with this incident. And I made sure I was as nice as I could be with the gentleman. I understand that sometimes "stuff" happens!
you do realize you are dealing with a company tied to those idiot busbices.

stinkpickle

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 27, 2016, 08:32:14 PM

you do realize you are dealing with a company tied to those idiot busbices.

LOL!  Yeah, for that kinda hassle, I'd just duct tape up a 6 or 7 inch rip from the inside.

1iagobblergetter

Just curious if maybe it is still usable enough to use through the season and then return it if you talked to them and pleaded your case. I've dealt with them before and they seemed like they believe in customer satisfaction. I know your not suppose to shoot a firearm through them, but my mesh windows have several holes from being shot  through and no problems. Good luck. .

jordanz7935

Gorilla tape from the inside and camo duck tape on the outside. It will hold up for years. Most if not all the blinds are made overseas and QC can be lacking. I wouldn't hold it against ameristep. At least they offered to replace it. And I only made the mistake of shooting with my gun inside the blind 1 time, I think my ears are still ringing LOL. Good luck

Bill Cooksey

I know it's a pain, but it's a pretty standard practice in the industry, and I've been in the industry for over twenty years (not with Ameristep). Today we are all paying for abuse people in the past put over on companies. You'd be shocked what some folks try to pull, and it costs the rest of us one way or the other.

Gamblinman

No different with Primos and the Double Bull blinds. Brand new blind and the zipper was broke. I had to pay shipping to Primos, and then back to me. $70.00.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

trkehunr93

Yeah, shoot thru only means non expandable broadheads, not shotgun shells.  Yikes!

davisd9

Finish the season without a blind. Get it replaced by them and you are good to go!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer