OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Action Camera For Hunting

Started by StruttinGobbler3, April 26, 2016, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Anyone use the GoPro style cameras for turkey hunting? Looking for a good way to film my hunts by myself. What type of cameras are best for hunting uses? Simple to use, good video quality, and ability to start filming with minimal movement are the things I'm looking for. What do y'all think?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

BayouGobbler

Look at the ion action camera

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

wvlimbhanger

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks for the replies, I'll check those out. Any other suggestions I should look at?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

taylorjones20

The GoPro is nice for certain things but it's not worth much when it comes to filming anything past 10 ft.  I had a GoPro mounted on my gun and have taken 8 turkeys with it, most within 20 yards and they look like they are 75 yards away.

It it great for having an extra angle but not for the main camera capturing the hunt.  :z-twocents:
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Gamblinman

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 27, 2016, 09:13:12 AM
The GoPro is nice for certain things but it's not worth much when it comes to filming anything past 10 ft.  I had a GoPro mounted on my gun and have taken 8 turkeys with it, most within 20 yards and they look like they are 75 yards away.

It it great for having an extra angle but not for the main camera capturing the hunt.  :z-twocents:

I agree. Look no further than Canon video cameras. You'll need cam, mic, and tripod.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

WisTurk

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 27, 2016, 09:13:12 AM

^This.  Action cams are great for something very, very close but anything beyond maybe 15-20 yards and it'll look like they are 1/4 mile away from you.