turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

336 base on an 870?

Started by Ridge Rooster, April 26, 2016, 06:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Will the 336 base work on an 870 20 gauge? If so could yall post a couple pictures of set up?

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

backwater

Is the 870 already drilled and tapped?  If it is, I'm not sure if the pattern matches up being in don't own a tapped 870.    If it's not tapped, you can have it tapped to accept the 336 base. 

Ridge Rooster

Sent it out yesterday for drill/tap, just curious how it will set on top of the receiver as I have a 20 gauge and was curious about contour of 336 base and the contour of the 20 gauge receiver.

Thanks

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Fieldturkey

It's a real clean fit. You will like it

Tombo

Also looking to put a ff3 on my 20ga 870, its an LW  does the 336 base still work?

gophert

Sent from my typewriter

Full strut

i am in the market to do that same thing, with that same protector to my youth 870 build. looks great!

FullChoke

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on April 27, 2016, 06:32:41 AM
...was curious about contour of 336 base and the contour of the 20 gauge receiver.

When I was preparing to mount the 336 base to my 870 20 gauge, I sent Remington an email asking about the radius of the recievers for their 12 vs 20. They wrote back to tell me that the 12 & the 20 had the same top radius and that the 336 would fit both. The only difference was the width and height of the receiver.

You should be good to go.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

WCD4

I'm trying to do the same to my 870 20ga. I like the 336 since it lets you mount the ff3 directly to it which keeps it sitting low on the receiver. When I got on Burris site I saw a mount specifically for the ff sights. Will it work on an 870? If so, will it keep the sight as low as the 336? Just curious as to why I haven't seen anything on the Burris mount and a lot on the 336.