OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Texas Rio Outfitter Recommendations

Started by goblr77, April 26, 2016, 11:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

I'm interested in booking a rio hunt in Texas for 2017. There will be one more person, possibly two, joining me. We want two birds each, possibly hogs, and meals/lodging. What ranches or outfitters do you guys recommend?

Sand Man

since you want hogs and meals/lodging I would suggest JJ Kent with Kent Outdoors.

www.kentoutdoors.com 

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

2eagles

JJ Kent is a great choice! He will take care of you for sure.

goblr77

VaBoy

Not trying to put any outfitters down , to each his own, but be careful , a lot of Texas turkey outfitters want you to sit near a feeder and kill one , not go hunt them. Not my cup of tea. Just something to think about . Do your research before you go.

trkehunr93

Quote from: VaBoy on April 27, 2016, 03:59:40 PM
Not trying to put any outfitters down , to each his own, but be careful , a lot of Texas turkey outfitters want you to sit near a feeder and kill one , not go hunt them. Not my cup of tea. Just something to think about . Do your research before you go.

Agreed!  Hunted at one in TX that was like this, nice guy but I just felt dirty doing it.  It was perfectly legal but still didn't feel right.

DocGobbler

Justin Hill, Ranger Creek Outfitters. He has a lot of options and always puts hunters on fresh birds. He has a high success rate and works to make sure his hunters get what they pay for.