turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sa-459 and ff2

Started by Roost 1, April 25, 2016, 10:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Is anyone using this combo? If so, what mount do you use?

codym

I'm not using the FFII, I'm using the III. I used the factory rail with a American Defense Quick detach base. I used it with out a comb raising kit but decided I didn't like holding my head up so I rigged up a some card board and mouse pads to get me through the season, nut next year I will try a aftermarket comb kit from someone. If I had to do it all over again I would just have a 336 base drilled to match the holes on my gun.

Roost 1

I just wonder if the contour of the receiver will fit the 336 base?

gophert

If it's the 2015 SA459 the 336 will not fit because the top of the receiver is rounded.  I just cut down the rail and went with that.

Sent from my typewriter

Roost 1

Thanks for the info guys.. I decided to just use the rail that came with it..

gophert

On another note, one could easily purchase the compact SA-08 with the 24" barrel, which has the flat receiver then add the pistol stock from Weatherby ($75).  You would then be able to use the FF 336 base. 

TauntoHawk

stock rail is fine to me, I mounted a FFIII, I dont personally have any issues without a comb raise it lines up perfect but my wife seemed to have some trouble raising her head off so I added the beretta clear gel 0.24 pad and that helps her.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cutt down

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 04, 2016, 11:28:00 AM
stock rail is fine to me, I mounted a FFIII, I dont personally have any issues without a comb raise it lines up perfect but my wife seemed to have some trouble raising her head off so I added the beretta clear gel 0.24 pad and that helps her.

That beretta gel pad is awesome! She'll like it!

Ridge Rooster

Just another option. I use a God A Grip shotgun wedge on 2 of my SBE's with steady grip and FF3 that works great. One has been on for 4 or 5 years and has held up perfectly.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters