OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1187 denting brass

Started by snoodlum, April 24, 2016, 05:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoodlum

My old 1187 is putting significant dents in the sides of the brass of turkey loads . just loading and unloading . Winchester and  hevi . Anyone know what is causing this ? Thanks

Browning4140

Not sure either. I have a 11-87 I got back in 2000 and it does the same thing. Never had a problem with the function of the gun though. It's cycled upward of a 1000 duck loads and never missed a beat.

Old Gobbler

It's likely the ejector latch thingy on the side of the bolt

Perhaps slowly opening the breech and pulling the shell out might reduce the wear on your brass
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

maytom

I won an 11-87 years ago, and it would eat the brass rim off the shells when un-loading the gun. Got rid of that gun...

Mr. Nasty

My 11-87 does this as well. If I shuck the first shell out of the barrel, it tries to feed the one out of the chamber too fast. It causes them to get stuck/jammed together which dents my brass. Now I have to take my time and pull the shell out of the barrel before I pull the bolt all the way back. This may seem a little slower but saves me a lot of time.

TKE921

Mine too was eating shells up.  I think it is where the subsequent shell is being shot out of the tube and into the receiver.  Once i started pushing up the follower and using the shell release to unload the tube, then eject the shell in the chamber, no more problems at all.