OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lol

Started by bullhead, April 24, 2016, 12:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullhead

So had a nice hunt friday morning. Hunting some public where I have never seen another hunter, and it has no shortage of turkeys thats for sure. Roosted 4 toms a jake and some hens thursday night. Friday morning they are gobbling good and its close to fly down. I look across the field and somebody is practically running across the field. They stop, look at our blind then proceed to quickly throw up a blind right next to the roosted turkeys and about 100 yards in front of us. Sure enough, the turkeys bust out and fly wayyyyyy across the road. Idiot. So me and my buddy sat there for about a half hour seeing what we wanted to do. I look across at his decoys and see a tom coming in full strut. You've gotta be kidding me I'm thinking. At this point I'm pretty angry. The tom struts into his decoys and about 2 seconds later drops out of strut and runs 20 yards away from them. He stops, then turns and flys, followed up by some hail mary pop shot that he missed. So I went from being pretty mad to laughing my butt off for the next 10 minutes. Anyway, made sure to take my time packing up and walk unnecessarily on the ridge top on the way out. What a jerk I thought. He clearly saw me. Anyway, ruined our morning hunt but the afternoon sure was a success! Arrowed a 27lb gobbler at 12 yards so a rough day turned into a fun and hilarious one. I am not a fan of public land sometimes.

turkey buster

Some people have no respect

RutnNStrutn

Anyone that has hunted public has experienced those kinds of idiots!! Glad things worked out for you in the long run!! :icon_thumright: