OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

#2 Down in Mississippi

Started by Cleveland48, April 23, 2016, 10:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleveland48

Finally got #2 this morning. Perfect day and a beautiful hunt. He really put on a show for me! 18lbs Spurs were 7/8" and beard was 11 1/8". Was toting him out and one was still gobbling his head off about 300-400 yards off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

Rapscallion Vermilion

Congrats!  Mighty long beard on that tom. 

tomstopper

Cleveland48

Thanks guys first turkey I've actually heard in prolly two weekends. I don't know what the deal has been this season, but they just ain't been gobbling that great in Northeast Ms.

DawgsFan1

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Spitten and drummen

Congratulations.  Nice bird. I'm in southwest ms and I had one 60 yards and wouldn't budge. First bird I have heard in three weeks. You are right, it's been a tough season down here also. I'm still trying for number 2
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Cleveland48

Thanks guys. It has been a hard season. My buddy has killed one also prolly the best gobbling bird all year. And my nephew killed his first bird. Honestly that's the only 4 birds I've heard of being killed in Tishomingo county. Always a good population up there and still is, they just aren't gobbling or cooperating much at all.

Caserta79

Gary A Caserta

Cleveland48

Thanks!

surehuntsalot

congrats from a fellow Mississippian (simpson co.) south/central part of the state
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Cleveland48

Thanks!  How has the hunting been down that way?

Dr Juice

Big perm2

Great job!!, on a great bird!! I'm also from Mississippi, grenada/Montgomery counties area!! Birds are not doin much here and haven't been all year really.. I can also say we have more birds that ever also, I know I have seen over 20 different long beards before season and I bet I haven't herd hardly any since season started. I know they are still in my area because the tracks and droppings are still here.. Tough year!! For me at least!!

Talkem into given up!!!

maytom