turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Still Helping Out.

Started by quavers59, April 22, 2016, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Morning members----my posts here are really just for novices and there might be just a few here on this site with all the turkey hunting veterans. If you have alot of money as well as time and have taken 200-400+ turkeys mostly on private land--- my posts are not for you. But for the novice looking for gobbler #8 or #1 on public land----I am here for you.I have yet to take a private land turkey myself and my scouting time might be as much as some of the veterans here.
    For instance, I am rereading my 1998 Fall turkey scouting journal. My first scouting day was 6/6/98 for 5 1/2 hours. and my last morning was on 9/20/98 for 4 hours. All told, I scouted for 83 1/2 hours for that Fall season. And I estimate that I scouted nearly 300 hours over my first 5 Springs just to bag my first Spring turkey in 1994.  I also estimate from looking at my 50+ journals that I have scouted over 1,500 hours in 26 years-Spring and Fall or 52 turkey hunting seasons. And only my 27th Spring is coming up on Monday. Hunting hours are probably more then this. I hike and hunt as much as my girlfriend allows-lol. Even in July and August- I am scouting.
   And so, while I don;t have as much knowledge as all the turkey hunting veterans on this site-- I have some that I will continue to share unless I get tossed off site.

JLH

Numbers of hours spent in the woods trumps numbers of birds killed everytime....in my opinion.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading your posts....even though I know everything already...hehe

quavers59

Thanks JLH--- I know some Stewart State Forest Hunters in NY are pissed as I am too open. What alot dont know is that the mountain bikers are now---bushwacking and biking around a number of really good fields. Just trying to warn them that their fav field may have a group of mountain bikers coming through before 8am on May 1st as their biking areas are expanding there.

dejake

And so, while I don;t have as much knowledge as all the turkey hunting veterans on this site-- I have some that I will continue to share unless I get tossed off site

I missed what it was you were trying to share.

quavers59

Well Dejake, A number of members here are not happy with the way I am writing my posts thinking that I know a little more then them. Nothing could be further from the truth. I like to help out novices who might not have any help now that Turkey And Turkey Hunting Mag has been discontinued. A grave mistake to the turkey hunting community. I still have the very 1st issue from 1990, I believe in perfect condition and the last one of Spring 2013. Such knowledge can never be learned from a online site. Getting back to helping out---it is in my nature. I taught for my martial arts teacher for over 7 years and never got a penny- just helping out.
    I received a long letter on my email address from this forum and thought I would write the above before I got tossed.  You might like my next post today--I know Stewart State Forest Hunters In NY will.

2eagles

See, the thing I don't understand, is if there is a member who posts things you don't like or aren't interested in, why even open the thread? Just move on.

dejake

I have no issue.  Maybe I'm just a little dense, but I couldn't figure out what it was you were trying to share.  Pre-season scouting?

Tail Feathers

Apparently he's the small-statured guy who's busted up so many hunts in Stewart NF in NY.  :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!