OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

4 bearded KY bird

Started by Mabren2, April 20, 2016, 05:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabren2

Definitely had a hunt to remember this morning! Good action with a lot of birds around. Struck out off the roost, and with two strutters in a field next to me. Circled around a couple times on a bird gobbling down in the hollow, and had a nice long conversation with him. He seemed to like everything I was saying, but hung up on me for a while. We gave each other the silent treatment for a few minutes, and I cut at him to try to locate him and see if I needed to try to move again. He had definitely closed the distance quite a bit, and shortly I heard the crunching leaves I had been waiting for! He was a heck of a bird: 22 lb, 1" and 1 3/16" spurs, and 31.5" of beard between 4 beards. It makes my first multi-bearded bird, and killing him with a walnut ceramic over glass that I made is icing on the cake!

owlhoot

Very nice bird , congrats to you   :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

Awesome bird!! Must be a nice feeling to take him with a call you made. :icon_thumright:

Mabren2

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 20, 2016, 05:33:21 PM
Awesome bird!! Must be a nice feeling to take him with a call you made. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, it sure is! It's a fun hobby, and it makes moments like these just that much sweeter.

boomer

Congrats on a great bird!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

Wow!  Great bird!  Congrats!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

mgm1955

Awesome bird!! Congrats!!

cramerhunts

Congratulations on one heck of an awesome bird! Very cool utilizing a call you made as well

maytom

Wowza, awesome gobbler!!! Seems that a lot of folks are connecting on multi-bearded birds this season!! :drool:

DocGobbler

Roost 1

Congrats.... I killed one with 6 beards last Sunday in KY...What county were you in?

Mabren2

Quote from: maytom on April 21, 2016, 10:07:33 AM
Wowza, awesome gobbler!!! Seems that a lot of folks are connecting on multi-bearded birds this season!! :drool:

I know. I have one buddy that I hunt with almost all the time, and neither one of us had ever gotten one. He shot one with 3 beards Sunday morning, and then I got this one.

Mabren2

Quote from: Roost 1 on April 21, 2016, 11:21:08 AM
Congrats.... I killed one with 6 beards last Sunday in KY...What county were you in?

Nice! I live in Henry, killed it in Carroll.

SteelerFan

Nice bird!! Congrats!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

2eagles