OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maryland opening day gobbler

Started by jbmabrey, April 18, 2016, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmabrey

I shot a 24 lb. gobbler with 9" beard and 1" spurs at 9 am. Called all morning and had no reply. Pulled put my push pin call from Shannon  and after 3 sets of yelps a gobbler answered from about 100 yards away.
Long story short-used Pedersoli 12 ga. SXS muzzleloader-89 gr. of Black mz and nickel plated shot from Ballistics products. 33 yard shot.
I've killed 3 other turkeys with an encore 12 ga. ml shotgun-this is the 1st with the Pedersoli

SteelerFan

Congrats!! That's WAY up there on the "cool" scale!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

ruination

Much better luck than me.  Congrats good going.
.410 Favors the Bold

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

eddie234

Awesome, good job

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Dr Juice

wytrat785

Nice one and with a muzzle loader to boot!

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Old Gobbler

Yeeehaw! !!!! That's skill!! going old school , glad that push pin helped seal the deal
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

maytom

crow

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cramerhunts

All kinds of cool in the way you got that big ole bird! Congratulations.

taylorjones20

Congrats! I like an opening day gobbler!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

wvmntnhick

Congrats man. Wish I could find the courage to use a BP gun to kill a bird but my time has been limited in the past to the point that I sometimes feel handicapped with just a shotgun. Lol. That's a good bird for sure.