OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally got on the board!

Started by Tail Feathers, April 17, 2016, 07:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I spent an unsuccessful five days in TN and returned home Saturday evening.  I was beat but after looking at the weather forecast it was clear if I want to hunt this week, I had better go Sunday morning to beat the coming heavy rain.
I got out early and listen from some different spots to locate a gobbler.  On location three I heard one!  I head after him and quickly run into some real thick stuff.  I backed out and headed about a quarter mile south to get in the woods at an easier access spot that would put me above him in elevation.
He was gobbling due east of me.  I get to a nice looking spot and call.  A different gobbler (I think) answers from SE of me.  I set up and he gobbled again, closer this time, and yet another gobbler joined in from the west.  The SE bird was moving closer pretty fast, but the bird from the west must have come running.  In just a very few minutes he was spitting and drumming to beat the band just out of sight, under 40 yards.  I had turned to get a shot at him left handed, and he didn't disappoint.  He slipped into sight at about 15 yards in full strut and I took the shot.  He had a 10 3/4" beard and jake-like 5/8" spurs.  From initial gobble to the kill was well under 10 minutes.  He was a very eager 2 year old and I'm thrilled to get him!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Greg Massey

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Snood Life

SteelerFan

wvmntnhick

Congrats bud. It's often times hard to beat a good 2 y/o bird. They sure put on a show.

Ishi

The Spirit Lives On

Hookinembig

cramerhunts

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

sasquatch1

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Congrats to you on a great hunt. Sometimes,It's amazing how fast things change.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."