Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's up with the recent hostility on OG!?

Started by WNCTracker, April 17, 2016, 06:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I think some people need to take a deep breath. This forum is known for its  friendliness and good solid folk. I'm not sure why but many recent threads are met with someone either trying to make another member feel inferior or "wrong" in their opinion or just cyber flexing their ego. I for one can't understand why people feel the need to "best" another. Express an opinion, answer a question, move on but don't target others and make them feel stupid if you have conflicting opinions of their post.  Disagreement is fine and normal and prospers growth of knowledge, but keep it there and leave the negativity out of it.  It's called being a big boy and some people should try it.

KYFrid

Yep. I agree completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

It's because of the presidential primary and we don't want another democrat in the whitehouse..

SinGin

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 17, 2016, 06:42:09 PM
It's because of the presidential primary and we don't want another democrat in the whitehouse..

Now thats funny, bu it may be true

MouthCaller

Was there some kind of mass falling out before the season? Seems like way less traffic on here than years past... success threads would be 3 or 4 pages deep with responses now it's like nobody cares...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Quote from: johnplesh on April 17, 2016, 06:17:00 PM
I think some people need to take a deep breath. This forum is known for its  friendliness and good solid folk. I'm not sure why but many recent threads are met with someone either trying to make another member feel inferior or "wrong" in their opinion or just cyber flexing their ego. I for one can't understand why people feel the need to "best" another. Express an opinion, answer a question, move on but don't target others and make them feel stupid if you have conflicting opinions of their post.  Disagreement is fine and normal and prospers growth of knowledge, but keep it there and leave the negativity out of it.  It's called being a big boy and some people should try it.
Couldn't agree more!

wmn2

I agree as well. I've pretty much ignored any other forum since finding this one because of that very reason. The bickering between internet tough guys gets old quick.

Semper Fidelis

Dr Juice

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 17, 2016, 06:42:09 PM
LMAO.

captpete

If you think this is bad, don't go to Archerytalk. :laugh: Old Gobbler is VERY mild compared to AT. I will agree that things seem to be a little more negative than usual. I think it's just that time of year....people down south are killing and posting pics of birds. A lot of us up north are still waiting for opening morning......Frustration???

Old Gobbler

Yes indeed .......we don't put up with that here , this isn't one of those badly run bow hunting , or waterfowl hunting forums. , we have one rule here BE NICE

I deleted some posts already , and made some observations........

I can spot a troublemaker 4 times farther than most people can hear a gobble , i could ....write a book on Internet tough guys and know it alls , the Internet is full of punk 19 year olds or people who act like it , archery and water fowling forums are full of these types , where the troublemakers set up shop and run everyone with their know it all negativity ......  Ive seen it all ! So if your trying to stir the pot , save yourself the trouble , I will throw you off ,AND YOU WONT GET BACK ON

If anyone .....sees any posts that don't meet the BE NICE policy pm me privately and I will handle it in a private and SWIFT manner as always ,

I've seen some crankiness recently , I'll chalk it up to some sort of pre or post season traumatic syndrome / cabin fever

Thank you all for your patience and understanding --- Be safe , and good huntin !-- Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

albrubacker

Quote from: wmn2 on April 17, 2016, 07:43:21 PM
I agree as well. I've pretty much ignored any other forum since finding this one because of that very reason. The bickering between internet tough guys gets old quick.

Semper Fidelis
X2!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Marc

Quote from: captpete on April 17, 2016, 08:14:30 PM
If you think this is bad, don't go to Archerytalk. :laugh: Old Gobbler is VERY mild compared to AT. I will agree that things seem to be a little more negative than usual. I think it's just that time of year....people down south are killing and posting pics of birds. A lot of us up north are still waiting for opening morning......Frustration???

And those of us with open season and not killing birds are even more frustrated!

I have noticed a couple of off-hand comments, but not as many as on other forums...

I think that sometimes tone and inflection cannot be expressed, and a dry or sarcastic comment can be taken incorrectly.  Then again, some people are just jerks.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Cleveland48

Quote from: captpete on April 17, 2016, 08:14:30 PM
This is so true! This forum is still way better than archery talk as far as friendly goes

wvmntnhick

I'm going with the previous statement about some people killing birds already while others are waiting for their season to begin. Then, some of realize that our season is starting tomorrow and there's not a darned thing we can do about it until closer to the weekend so some other clown(s) get to muddy the waters before we get a crack at it. Then, some of us took their 9 y/o neice hunting Saturday for youth day and put her in a position that she could practically touch the bird with the gun barrel (<15') and watched her "whiff" twice on birds that we'd loved to have been toting back to the truck. Did that sound bitter? Wasn't supposed to. Lol.

Honestly, some people just can't handle the success of others nor can they find the juevos (not sure I spelled that correctly) to just be kind.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."