OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonzo Katolax Glass

Started by hunter22, April 17, 2016, 10:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Since I am not getting to hunt this spring I have a lot of time to run calls. Here's one I have been messing with quite a bit. It is a glass over glass that Lon took a second place ribbon with at Nationals in 2013. I have just paired it with a Bill Lyman Macassar Ebony striker and this is one bad combo. This combo jumped up pretty high in my list of glass/crystal calls.

The Woodsman

It never ceases to amaze me how many calls you have.... you have to be chomping at the bit not being able to get out hunting.

Nice looking call too!

Denny

hunter22

It is tough Denny. I was suppose to be leaving today for a Wyoming/South Dakota Merriam's hunt with my buddy augiedog55. Four day,  three bird hunt. They better look out next year.

The Woodsman

They won't stand a chance!! Bruce must be doing better and that's great to hear....

Denny

hunter22

Denny----Bruce is limited on what he can do but he is alive and able to chase turkeys on a limited scale. We went on a Texas/Oklahoma combo hunt last spring. He has the most positive outlook of anyone I know. A real inspiration.

The Woodsman

Kudos to you for helping make it happen....

Denny

mgm1955

yelpy

Hey Rickey, How about a sound file if you can. I enjoy hearing those dandy's you have.

hunter22

Here you go Tom. I sure wish I could run a pot call like a lot of guys on here. But you can hear the potential of the call.

https://soundcloud.com/hunter22-2/lonzo-katolax

yelpy

Thank you Rickey! Sounds real good.. I can't play a pot as well as some of the guys on here either so that makes 2 of us. I want to learn. It takes lots of practice I guess. I got lucky and picked up a Lonzo's crystal in a black acrylic pot. It just showed up today but I haven't had time to run it.