OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

All done in Florida

Started by Old Gobbler, April 03, 2011, 10:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I took my oldest son Alec with me out for a mid season turkey hunt on DC Ranch  yesterday for some father and son turkey hunting fun- We set up at 4pm {you can hunt all day on private property} in a very probable location that held many mature gobblers and is frequented by every turkey in the whole area - we no sooner set up then 10 minutes latter a entire flock came in silently

I was hoping that Alec would be able to kill one but he was unable to reach over and was more into the watching aspect of the hunt, and likes duck hunting more at this point - and wanted me to shoot - So I  folded him up with a nice 30 yard shot , and the remainder of the flock including several other mature gobblers sprinted off to safety -   

That wraps up my Florida season for the spring , and it couldn't come any sooner , I spent a fortune this year on $4 a gallon gas .

My son had a good time with me and wants to come with me again next season , and we plan on doing the special youth season that takes affect 2012

It was very exciting and Alec loved the action ,It was nice and enjoyable  to hunt on a private ranch where there are plenty of turkeys without all the crowding of the public areas -- here is some picks of me and Alec with the gobbler   

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Hognutz

Way to go, Boys. Maybe next year, Alec. He looks like a roper..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hobbes

RutnNStrutn

Congrats Shannon!! Great that you got to share it with your son!!

Gold Spur

Congrats guys on a great hunt. Sounds like you all had a great time... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

longbeardlife.com

congrats ... maybe son will get one next year.. glad to see kids in woods.. I just finished up helping guys put on a wheeling for gobblers hunt for disabled kids.  they had a blast, killed a few birds and saw plenty.. gotta love it..  also agree on gas prices.....

spur collector

FANMAN

Congrats. to you and yours Shannon , looks like a great day.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TRKYHTR

Great job Shannon. Way to get that boy in the woods. Hope he kills a nice one next year, but no pressure.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

OLE RASPY

Good job shannon and nice bird maybe alec can get him one next year. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Wrangler95

:newmascot:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats Shannon!!  Nice job on the gobbler, and the memories that were made with your son! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Flydown

Congrats on a great Florida season Shannon. What a special way to end the season with your son by your side.Awesome buddy!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: