turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats up with mid. Tennessee birds?

Started by ground control, April 03, 2011, 08:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ground control

What the heck happened to the birds?!? Last weekend the weather was horrible and the birds were on fire. This weekend the weather is awesome, and I barely heard a gobble within earshot yesterday, and so far this morning I haven't heard a thing. Not a hen, nothin. Is it possible they got a better job offer last week and the whole flock changed addresses? I'm lost, this place and the places around it are normally at least somewhat vocal with, if nothing else, hens. Anybody else in middle Tennessee havin a case of shutmouth with the birds?
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

Garrett Trentham

Good buddy of mine called up three about 8am and killed one of them and then helped his uncle get another nice one on the way to the roost about 6 in the evening. Both were killed in Williamson county. He said they gobbled pretty good.

Don't you just love to hear stories like that? I've hunted within a mile or two of friends had had conflicting reports like what you have said. I think its all about being in the right place at the right time.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org