OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

GNH in 4th place as of 5-24-16 (updated)

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 14, 2016, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

RutnNStrutn

Well boys, we've dropped to 4th place, but that was my fault. I totally forgot that only the longest beard of a multi-beard counts. This was the first time since I've been running our team that someone shot a multi, so it didn't even cross my mind. But it sure did cross someone else's mind!!! :lol: ;D Somebody from a team we were beating notified Old Gobbler and I got a PM from him reminding me of the multi-beard rule. Anyway, we gotta follow the same rules as everyone else. My bad boys, sorry about that. So Mountainburd's stud gobbler gets cut down from 81.12 to 63.375. Consequently, our team score drops from 502.845 to 485.1. We're still in it, though the odds of taking the title just took a hit. If we add a stud 9th bird, and an upgrade or 2, we can still win it.
Here's today's updated scoreboard.

1 - Gods of Thunder - 9 kills, 564.2975
2 - Trumpet Thumpers - 8 kills (9 shot, no score yet), 506.9775 (waiting on pictures)
3 - Roaring 20's - 8 kills, 493.0005
4 - Guns N' Hoses - 8 kills, 485.1
5 - Purrpetrators - 8 kills, 475.5825
6 - Choot 'Em in Da Face - 7 kills, 431.6875
7 - Tennessee Dream Team - 8 kills, 424.1875
8 - Spur Collectors - 6 kills, 377.58
9 - Strut Stoppers - 5 kills, 282.875
10 - Widowmakers - 4 kills, 250.065
11 - Eastern Assassins - 3 kills, 185.875
12 - Crusaders - 3 kills, 176.775
13 - Grunt, Gobble & Gills Outdoors - 1 kill, 73.875
14 - Team A - 0 kills
15 - Team B - 0 kills

Deputy 14

Crap happens, rules are rules and we all have go.follow thwm. Not surprised that someone would run straight to the principal instead of just pm'ing you though.

RutnNStrutn

He PM'ed me. But so did the big dog. :lol: It's not a big deal. The same rules apply to everyone. This was my bad, so I apologize guys.

snapper1982

Just to be clear it wasnt the guy that pmed you that got ahold of Shannon. I am the one that asked Shannon about it. So dont blame to guy that pmed you. Oh and the whole post about a team you are beating had nothing to do with my choice to ask shannon about the rules. We have a couple multibeards and one is a 6 bearded 140 point giant so i wanted to know.

Hayudog

Snapper-  looks like it was an honest mistake. I think some place in the rules it has a method that you are to follow when questions arise about a bird. And this was obviously one of those things that needed to be cleared.  I'm glad it got cleared up before the final tally.
Now, let's go kill something!  :fud:  :OGani:

snapper1982

I dont think for a second that it was intentional. Yall are a great team and lay the hammer to em. i also didnt want the other member to be the blame for the pm from Shannon. I take my blame when something is my fault.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: snapper1982 on May 11, 2016, 11:10:40 AM
I dont think for a second that it was intentional. Yall are a great team and lay the hammer to em. i also didnt want the other member to be the blame for the pm from Shannon. I take my blame when something is my fault.

No worries here Bud  :camohat: Even though the quest for the OG cup is extremely competitive,We're all on the same team.

Now hit the bricks,and quit trolling around our page! We're trying to win a contest here!  :goofball:  :lol:
B-Well
:anim_25:
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Mountainburd

No worries.  We've had a good season, and still some time left for the Pa and New York guys.

RutnNStrutn

Snapper, it's not a big deal man. And please go back and reread my posts. I didn't say it was the guy who PM'ed me. I've PM'ed him and made sure he understood that. Not sure why you think it's a big deal. I've admitted that it was my bad, and this is the first time someone on our team killed a multi, so it didn't even cross my mind. This is also the first time we were actually in the running, so I was getting excited. :-[ Normally we're around the middle of the pack.
We all follow the same rules, that's how it should be. Hope you had a good season. No hard feelings, you did the right thing. :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

TheBody shot an upgrade gobbler, but he posted it over on the Widowmakers page. I sent him a PM. Once he posts on our page, I'll add it to the team score. It will help us get back 3 or 4 points. Plus Trackey and MLisandro are still at it. Anyone else still hunting?

WildSpur

I am looking to upgrade!  Fingers crossed. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

Just rolled in from 2 different counties Thursday thru Saturday the gobblers would not commit. Im seeing them, their out of range for sure they just wouldn't come that 80+ yds. Im still in it though will be back to my ol stompin grounds theres a Gobbler still on the loose down there. :OGturkeyhead: :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Good luck Wildspur and Twowithone!! :icon_thumright: If you guys upgrade, and Mlisandro or Trackey drops the hammer on a stud, we'll still have a chance. I think. Haven't checked the totals in a few days. I'll do that next.

RutnNStrutn

All right Gunners and Hosers ;D we're a couple of upgrades out of the top 5, or a couple of upgrades and a gobbler out of the top 3, or a couple of upgrades and a stud out of contention. Mathematically though, we are the Bernie Sanders of the contest. :lol: ;D We're doing well, but the odds of pulling it off isnt likely. Our best hope would be a couple of upgrades and a stud, while slipping into the Top 3.

1 - Crusaders - 9 kills, 587.4625
2 - Gods of Thunder - 9 kills, 565.4725
3 - Purrpetrators - 9 kills, 532.2475
4 - Trumpet Thumpers - 8 kills (9 shot, no score yet), 506.9775 (waiting on pictures)
5 - Roaring 20's - 8 kills, 499.3505
6 - Guns N' Hoses - 8 kills, 485.1
7 - Choot 'Em in Da Face - 8 kills, 473.2875
8 - Tennessee Dream Team - 8 kills, 424.1875
9 - Widowmakers - 7 kills, 420.6675
10 - Spur Collectors - 6 kills, 377.58
11 - Strut Stoppers - 6 kills, 350.125
12 - Eastern Assassins - 3 kills, 185.875
13 - Grunt, Gobble & Gills Outdoors - 1 kill, 73.875
14 - Team A - 0 kills
15 - Team B - 0 kills