News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some people...

Started by WNCTracker, April 14, 2016, 02:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: johnplesh on April 14, 2016, 02:09:46 PM

"I set my expectations way to high now. I guess 3 seasons ago I took a 34 pounder with a 14inch paintbrush and 3 inch spurs. Since then I cant bring myself to shoot unless its that big."

This guy is the Man  :TooFunny:

:theman:

John your right,Some people just don't get it!  Congrats to you on a great Tom. Right on! I think the OG community would like to see TurkZilla. Tell him to post it up  :newmascot:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

WNCTracker

One time I shot a bird so old that he had a combover.  He used his beak to pull his beard over his bald head, i saw him doing it.  At first I thought he was wearing high heels because his spurs were so long that he was walking on them instead of his rear toes..... :TooFunny:

g8rvet

Ask him if this looks familiar.

We actually had some Rhea set loose near where I turkey hunted.  I had all intents of harvesting one if given the opportunity. 

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

crow

Quote from: g8rvet on April 14, 2016, 04:34:22 PM

We actually had some Rhea set loose near where I turkey hunted.  I had all intents of harvesting one if given the opportunity.

the wingbones out of that bird would make a magnum locater call

Dr Juice

Quote from: g8rvet on April 14, 2016, 04:34:22 PM

Love to see one come off the roost :-)

WNCTracker

big enough to make turkey skin boots with

hookedspur

Hahaha
He's just being funny
Tell him good one now how big was it really
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WNCTracker

Quote from: hookedspur on April 14, 2016, 05:21:23 PM
Hahaha
He's just being funny
Tell him good one now how big was it really
I wish he was trying to be funny.  I showed him the records and he said in all seriousness that, "i know this sounds like i am exaggerating but there are gobblers bigger than that on this land and that they can't be called in, they have to be shot like deer where you pattern them and lay in wait."  I think what's happened is someone is caught in a lie......

OldSchool

Wait til you hear about the buck he shoots this fall, It's gonna be a SLAMMER! I've seen guys like that too. They've killed some critters that would almost scare you if you ever ran into them in the woods. I'll  congratulate them on their turkey, buck, or whatever and shake their hand. When the bull starts getting too deep I'll ask if they've got a picture, or if I can stop over and see what a real (whatever) looks like. Then the excuses start. I expect a little stretch when it comes to hunting stories, but some guys take it a little too far.

Who knows? If it doesn't get stolen, or a pack of feral dogs don't drag it off and if it doesn't burn up in a fire, we may be eating our words. ;)

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

stringtalker

IMO every bird called in with a call is a trophy. Whether it be a jake or ol' boss gobbler. You have fooled a wild bird in believing that you too are a wild bird looking for company. That guy obviously has a truth problem and is jealous of you!!!!
Douglas

Tunaguy

He must be a fisherman too
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Farmboy27

I hate it when guys make up stories like that to sound like they are the greatest hunters ever. Everybody knows that I'm the greatest hunter ever!!!  If I could get in touch with him I'd tell him about my bird last year. He had 8 beards, 4 spurs, and so big and fat that he had 2 chins!!  Never measured the spurs but I use them for splitting wedges now. I actually gave all the meat to the local food bank and they sent it back because they didn't have enough cooler space. Oh well, gotta go. Gotta go push my kid on his tire swing. I made the rope it's hanging on from that turkeys beard! 

fallhnt

He should just stop turkey hunting now because he won't beat that.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

wvmntnhick

Dated a girl for a while who's dad was like this. He was always talking about these big bucks he'd see. Sad part is, he'd see them every day of gun season and would never pull the trigger because they weren't big enough. I'm talking deer that would score 150"+. He finally shot a deer so my grandfather and I rushed over there expecting to see this huge monster. Get there and it's a typical basket rack 8 point that might have scored a whopping 80". He started out by saying he'd shot the wrong deer then went on to say that it looked bigger in the scope. Me thinks he shot the same deer he was looking at. Happened to be the first racked buck he'd seen that season if I were a betting man.

Don't worry about the guy. Allow him to live in the land where fish are longer, turkeys are larger and unicorns fart rainbow colored bubblegum that tastes like cotton candy.

g8rvet

Quote from: Farmboy27 on April 14, 2016, 07:27:51 PM
I hate it when guys make up stories like that to sound like they are the greatest hunters ever. Everybody knows that I'm the greatest hunter ever!!!  If I could get in touch with him I'd tell him about my bird last year. He had 8 beards, 4 spurs, and so big and fat that he had 2 chins!!  Never measured the spurs but I use them for splitting wedges now. I actually gave all the meat to the local food bank and they sent it back because they didn't have enough cooler space. Oh well, gotta go. Gotta go push my kid on his tire swing. I made the rope it's hanging on from that turkeys beard!

Sounds like a jake where I hunt!   :drool:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.