turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some people...

Started by WNCTracker, April 14, 2016, 02:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Emailed a guy I know telling him about my season and how I got my heaviest bird at 24 lbs and this was his response,

"I set my expectations way to high now. I guess 3 seasons ago I took a 34 pounder with a 14inch paintbrush and 3 inch spurs. Since then I cant bring myself to shoot unless its that big."

I don't understand why people do this, pissing contests.  First of all, I was under the impression beards don't get that long because they drag the ground, secondly 3" spurrs on an eastern?  Come one and then there is the whole weight thing...34 lbs?!?!

spaightlabs

He's jacking with you my brother.

Bill Cooksey

Your buddy is either a fool, liar or jokester. Hopefully it's the latter. You should be in a better position to judge.

Truth told, I haven't killed a bird under thirty pounds this season.

Greg Massey

He's a zombie killer with that bird..i hope he doesn't run into big foot...lol

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

TauntoHawk

that's cools so he killed the world record for typical turkey.. no big deal I'm sure he has the bird mounted and pictures to prove this..... or at least a good story about how his camera was broke, he doesn't "like" taxidermy, and he lost both the beard and spurs in a recent move but swears it was that big

I can't stand "one up-er" type people especially when they don't really know what they are talking about so their made up story isn't even close to believable.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kjnengr

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 14, 2016, 02:35:07 PM

I can't stand "one up-er" type people especially when they don't really know what they are talking about so their made up story isn't even close to believable.

That's why I say, " If you are going to tell a lie, at least tell one that is believable"

wmn2

I can't stand people who can't be happy for others. When friends or family kill a big deer or a first animal or something I get more pumped about it than they do probably, especially if I'm there to enjoy it with them.

Semper Fidelis

WNCTracker

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 14, 2016, 02:35:07 PM
that's cools so he killed the world record for typical turkey.. no big deal I'm sure he has the bird mounted and pictures to prove this..... or at least a good story about how his camera was broke, he doesn't "like" taxidermy, and he lost both the beard and spurs in a recent move but swears it was that big

my thoughts exactly, however I hope he is right because I'll be looking for little brother :drool:

Marc

It would seem that due to certain social stigmas about the size of certain aspects of the male anatomy, that many men are prone to over-exaggeration.  I have seen 12 inch trout described as 20 inch trout, I have seen 9 lbs honkers described as 15 lbs honkers, and I have seen 10 inch turkey beards described as 15 inch beards...  I would guess that these same men have wives who have seen 2 inches described as 10 inches....

The gentleman  in the phone conversation was either joking, or compensating...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Spitten and drummen

You know what they say about fishermen and turkey hunters. We sure can stretch the truth lol. Don't let it bother you. Always someone that has to out do what you do even if they have to lie to do it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

"I set my expectations way to high now. I guess 3 seasons ago I took a 34 pounder with a 14inch paintbrush and 3 inch spurs. Since then I cant bring myself to shoot unless its that big."

Your response to that should be nothing other than "you're the man...can't wait to see a pic of that next one!"

His figure are so ridiculous, it's GOT to be a joke. If it's not, keep with the above reply and then STOP emailing / texting / etc. with this douche

MK M GOBL

Not to say this guy is way off base but...

the record eastern beard is

1 CODY MAY (M)
TX ( details) 22.5000"  Apr 6, 2007
BOWIE, TX, USA M Firearm TYPICAL

and record weight for an eastern

1 DAVID CODY GUESS (M)
KY ( details) 37.6100 lbs.  Apr 21, 2015
LYON, KY, USA M Firearm TYPICAL

but (his) spurs are way exaggerated...

record spurs are

1 BILL WINN (M)
IA ( details) 2.2500"  May 20, 2001
VAN BUREN, IA, USA M Firearm TYPICAL

and none of these are on the same bird. His bird would be a new world record typical at 122, standing record is:

! JAMES E. LEWIS (M)
KY ( details) 104.8125  Apr 22, 1999
FRANKLIN, KY, USA M Firearm

MK M GOBL

Gobble!

Quote from: johnplesh on April 14, 2016, 02:09:46 PM
Emailed a guy I know telling him about my season and how I got my heaviest bird at 24 lbs and this was his response,

I don't understand why people do this, pissing contests.  First of all, I was under the impression beards don't get that long because they drag the ground, secondly 3" spurrs on an eastern?  Come one and then there is the whole weight thing...34 lbs?!?!

Call him out and ask for some pictures of those spurs, beard and weight are possible. Make him feel a inch big.

Dr Juice

Some people ... Is right.